GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I'm around the Metro-Detroit area myself. I know a couple of guys here (Hi MrTopher2 and DimaGT). Sorry I'm late, but I'm not exactly an owner, but can certainly answer questions on car care and such (the reason I signed up).

Hope to see some of you around!

Do you own a shop or something? :confused:

MuttGrunt

Ready to race!
Do you own a shop or something? :confused:

We don't have a building yet, but we do mobile detailing work and (especially in this weather) people come to our place as the garage is climate controlled with an inside water hook-up.
I look forward to meeting with some of you guys, especially when it starts getting warmer and events like Cars & Coffee start kicking up again.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
We don't have a building yet, but we do mobile detailing work and (especially in this weather) people come to our place as the garage is climate controlled with an inside water hook-up.
I look forward to meeting with some of you guys, especially when it starts getting warmer and events like Cars & Coffee start kicking up again.

Where are you located at?

So you sort of rent out your garage then?

MuttGrunt

Ready to race!
Where are you located at?

So you sort of rent out your garage then?

We're based out of Rochester, but service as far as clients need. Also, allow me to clarify; in these cold months, clients bring us their cars more often than not for us to work on them in Rochester. You can look us up online by googling our name "AutoLavish" if you'd like more information.

Hope everyone is getting through this cold weather. I look forward to temps getting around or just above freezing so I can make a "how to" video on winter washing.

Spin Cykle

Passed Driver's Ed
Marc! Good to see you around here. Didn't think you had any interest in mk6's. I practically read all the autolavish threads on other detailing sites and I must say you guys do some excellent work. I believe there was a forum member here who brought his black gti w/ clear bra into have some winter prep done to it. Over the past year I have been bit by the detailing bug, pretty much an addiction now. My laundry room shelves have been turned into a "stock shelf" from a warehouse. Anyway, good to see you hanging around here..... FYI I'd die to have a indoor climate controlled garage with water. Extremely jealous, I would actually drive my gti in the winter if hat was the case.

MuttGrunt

Ready to race!
Marc! Good to see you around here. Didn't think you had any interest in mk6's. I practically read all the autolavish threads on other detailing sites and I must say you guys do some excellent work. I believe there was a forum member here who brought his black gti w/ clear bra into have some winter prep done to it. Over the past year I have been bit by the detailing bug, pretty much an addiction now. My laundry room shelves have been turned into a "stock shelf" from a warehouse. Anyway, good to see you hanging around here..... FYI I'd die to have a indoor climate controlled garage with water. Extremely jealous, I would actually drive my gti in the winter if hat was the case.

:D
Garage temp is only in the 50's or so when we're working, but that's good enough to get consistent results.
Thanks for the kind words on our work; we work hard. Its not worth paying us to do a job you could have done better in our own opinion, so it's important for everyone to get the highest service possible.
The forum member you speak of is the one that told me about this site, so I figured I'd come over and say hi and lend any advice I could to fellow enthusiasts. Congrat's on catching the bug - it's a good one to have, especially when years down the road your car still looks better than anything on a show room floor!

If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge. And don't forget; it's never too cold to detail ;)

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
Autolavish guys. You guys detailed my friends F430 Scuderia, Z06 and I think another of their cars.. You guys did a great job!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge. And don't forget; it's never too cold to detail ;)

How much would a detail run on a 4 door GTI?

Do you guys polish the cars? Wax them?

I guess I should be asking what's included, and if there are "ala carte" items & what not?

I keep my car clean anyways, so it's not dirty at all...just thinking ahead towards spring though (the exterior) and if I'm not motivated to do it myself, lol

(I've NEVER paid anyone else to do it, is why I don't know either)

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
Aaahh, you a friend of C.V.?

Yup. Just ask him about Patrick with the GTI. lol. Next week we're gonna try out his GoPro camera and shoot some exhaust vids of the GTI.

BTW their garage is insane.. everytime I walk in I'm always like :clap:

MuttGrunt

Ready to race!
How much would a detail run on a 4 door GTI?
Do you guys polish the cars? Wax them?
I guess I should be asking what's included, and if there are "ala carte" items & what not?
I keep my car clean anyways, so it's not dirty at all...just thinking ahead towards spring though (the exterior) and if I'm not motivated to do it myself, lol
(I've NEVER paid anyone else to do it, is why I don't know either)

Whoa there, I'll answer detailing questions, but not questions on pricing of our work and such. I'm not a sponsor here and don't want to step on toes or do things the wrong way. I'll PM you information on our company.

Doing things yourself is very rewarding, but when people come to us it's usually because they want a level of service they can't provide on their own. Its like taking some cool pics of your car versus hiring a professional photographer; you're results might be nice, but they can't match what the right pro can do.

Yup. Just ask him about Patrick with the GTI. lol. Next week we're gonna try out his GoPro camera and shoot some exhaust vids of the GTI.
BTW their garage is insane.. everytime I walk in I'm always like :clap:

Right on Patrick. I look forward to seeing how the video comes out. Next time you see him let him know Marc from AutoLavish said hi.

And yes... that garage is insane.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Whoa there, I'll answer detailing questions, but not questions on pricing of our work and such. I'm not a sponsor here and don't want to step on toes or do things the wrong way. I'll PM you information on our company.

Doing things yourself is very rewarding, but when people come to us it's usually because they want a level of service they can't provide on their own. Its like taking some cool pics of your car versus hiring a professional photographer; you're results might be nice, but they can't match what the right pro can do.

Totally understandable :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions btw!

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Just got mine 2011 last week. Hopefully maybe will meet some of you in person in the future...

Apartment living sucks, mine doesn't even allow self-washing in the lot....Anyone knows of any touchless wash in the Troy/Rochester area?

DimaGT

Ready to race!
Just got mine 2011 last week. Hopefully maybe will meet some of you in person in the future...

Apartment living sucks, mine doesn't even allow self-washing in the lot....Anyone knows of any touchless wash in the Troy/Rochester area?

There is BP gas station on corner of Big Beaver and Crooks that has touchless wash