GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Springs

Artysta

Ready to race!
I am looking into getting my gti lowered. I've decided to go with H&R springs http://www.hrsprings.com/products/springs/ but am having a hard time deciding whether to go with Sport or Super Sport Springs. I will be running on my stock 18" Detroits. Does anyone have any suggestions or pics so I could compare. Will i get rubbing and a huge decrease in ride quality if I go with Super Sport? Any suggestions or tips are welcome :)

GUS

CHP
Im on the same boat man. There's a guy that just posted pic's of his GTI with super sports, I think its a bit to low for my taste. I going with H&R sports springs.

Artysta

Ready to race!
Im on the same boat man. There's a guy that just posted pic's of his GTI with super sports, I think its a bit to low for my taste. I going with H&R sports springs.

ive also checked out Eibach springs, they seem cheaper price wise... not sure which product is better, any suggestions?

ChAoSzErO

I'm lowered on H&R sport with 18" wheels and stock shocks. So far ride is still smooth and no rubbing at all.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

GUS

CHP
ive also checked out Eibach springs, they seem cheaper price wise... not sure which product is better, any suggestions?

I know H&R make really good suspension for european cars thats why Im going with them. Eibach is also been in the game for a long time, I think youll be fine either way.

GUS

CHP

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I've been fallowing you thread and it looks nice man. I asked you if you post some pictures of your car with the spacer in. I just wanna get a better idea of how it looks ones its done.:thumbsup:

Thank you. I had spacers in hopes they would tide me over from wanting new wheels. They looked great but I still wanted new wheels...lol.

So the spacers are off and the new wheels are on. I'm very happy with them and will post up pictures once I have them available.

GUS

CHP
Thanks man, I'll wait for the pics. If you wanna get rid of the spacer let me know, Im going to be in the market for some.

Artysta

Ready to race!
The 2010 mk6 gti sits 0.9" lower then the MK5. The H&R sport springs lower the car approximately 1.2", does that mean its only going to be a .25" difference or is the car sitting 1.2" lower on top of the already .9" lower suspension. I hope im making sense :p