GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowered on H&R Touring Cup Kit

FFAC

Ready to race!
First and foremost...here is the car with them on:

I have now had the chance to take the car out for a spirited drive after getting them installed a couple of days ago. I am very pleased with how they turned out.

The height is exactly what I wanted...I did get scared at first because the front did not settle for a day or two; fortunately the front settled to a height that I am happy with.

Now for the true reason I got the suspension, the handling. The cornering improved considerably with noticeably less body roll. I was able to get on the throttle a little bit sooner coming out of the corners and simply felt more connected with the road. The tighter feel gave me more confidence to push the car to the limit (maybe a bad thing...hopefully not!). The car felt great with the stock suspension (I drove the car for over a year with the stock suspension) but now with the new suspension...it really feels like "point and shoot." The understeer is still there, but a rear sway will fix that. For now I will enjoy the new suspension.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Pros:
- Improved cornering
- More connection with the road (also can be looked at as a negative)
- Aesthetics (no gap! :happyanim:)

Cons:
- Slightly rougher ride (I almost like this, though)
- Cannot think of many others

Cost:
- $465 --> H&R Kit (used w/1,100 miles)
- $240 --> Installation @ABD Racing in Riverside, CA
- $50 --> Wheel alignment @Discount Tire in San Diego, CA

I will get more pictures up soon!

FFAC

Ready to race!
Looks nice bro! Damn it my black mk6 is not the hottest in SD anymore :( By the way I like your tints, what % did you get?

Haha, thanks man. I have got 20% tint all the way around and love it (got it done at sdtint). I have not gotten pulled over (knock on wood) for the tint or the deleted front license plate.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Looks great. Love black and 4drs. This is an excellent drop, not slammed but more aggressive over stock height. Well done.

FFAC

Ready to race!
More pics, more pics :paddle:

I'm working on it!

Does your driver side sit evenly with the passenger side all around?

I think so...have people been having trouble with them not sitting evenly? Or does the picture just look odd?

Looks great. Love black and 4drs. This is an excellent drop, not slammed but more aggressive over stock height. Well done.

Thanks, I am not into the slammed look, this drop turned out to be just right.

gtibot

Ready to race!
That looks really nice. I actually just ordered my H&R touring cup kit earlier today so it's great to see how nice it looks!

ksing44

Ready to race!
More pics, more pics :paddle:

X2 and please show us lots of shots to illustrate the gap at the front and rear. I really think the H&R Touring Kit is the one for me, but I would love to see more photos to convince myself about the final gap in front and rear.

You car looks great in the one photo!

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
I think so...have people been having trouble with them not sitting evenly? Or does the picture just look odd?

No they look normal in your pic, mine just seem to sit lower on the passenger side is all. It's been driving me crazy.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
X2 and please show us lots of shots to illustrate the gap at the front and rear. I really think the H&R Touring Kit is the one for me, but I would love to see more photos to convince myself about the final gap in front and rear.

You car looks great in the one photo!

Yeah I have basicly created my own cup kit and bought the H&R Sport springs and Koni FSDs. I have not installed them yet though and would love detailed photos to illistrate the drop and clearance before I put them on.

ksing44

Ready to race!
Yeah I have basicly created my own cup kit and bought the H&R Sport springs and Koni FSDs.

I was thinking about doing more or less the same thing, although I was going to get Bilstein Sports instead of the Koni to use with the H&R Sport springs. Then after looking at the price differential and reading that H&R may actually be using Bilsteins, I figured I could save money by getting the cup kit and maybe end up with the exact same thing. I do wonder if the H&R Touring cup kit is using repainted Bilstein shocks. Do any of you guy know?

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the H&R kit uses Bilstein struts. I got mine from AWE on sale for just under $600 shipped a while back, they're running the same deal again right now.

ksing44

Ready to race!
I live not too far from AWE and was thinking I would go to them for the installation. They guarantee the products and their work and they seem to know what they are doing, so I thought it was a good plan. I even stopped in the other day, but they were already closed.

It seems you can save $200.00 to $300.00 by buying the H&R Touring Cup Kit, of course that is assuming the kit really is H&R Sport springs with Bilstein Sport shocks. The shocks are "matched" to the H&R springs in the kit, but I suspect there really isn't any special valving. I would bet they are off the shelf and simply selected to match.