GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front Components + Sub

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
My plan is to use Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 in the front but not bother touching the rear speakers. I was going to power them with a Rockford P400-2 amp (keep it simple I like the quality of my P300-1).

I'm thinking with all that power its not going to matter (at least to the 2 people in the front seats which is all I really care about)

I already have a single JL 12w3v3-2 hooked up to a Rockford P300-1 (rated out of the box at something like 425 rms @2ohms) so I'm thinking that should balance out the powerful/quality high's and lack of mid/bass I hear as the only complaint from infinity owners.

Anyone else just replace their front speakers and use a sub?

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
From an audiophile's standpoint, the most practical thing would be to do just that. A great sounding system will sound like you're at a concert, with the stage right in front of you, and the ability to differentiate between the different instruments. The sound should be faded to the front, using the rear for only a small bit of "fill". The sub should be heard from all around, so as long as the resonance is distinct and there is no delay in timing in the resonating bass sound, it should sound great!

:thumbsup:

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
Read your response and purchased the components on the spot. Now just got to wait 2 weeks for money to buy the amp and some more wires.... then its a new head unit... I'm never going to move out of my parent's basement am I....

SethProSTX

Ready to race!
i have a pair or JL8w7 in a box that bang so LOUD its rediculous. I got to get my Component sets in. let me know how yours turn out!

yada22

Ready to race!
Read your response and purchased the components on the spot. Now just got to wait 2 weeks for money to buy the amp and some more wires.... then its a new head unit... I'm never going to move out of my parent's basement am I....

check out millionbuy.com for great prices!! and no i dont work for them, just helping out fellow dubbers :)

P

plac

its the proper way to build a system. All my best systems used that technique.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion

Plan and purchase with patience and research ;)

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out. I plan to start working on my system in April.

TwinSpin

Ready to race!
I have kappa components in my other ride and just to let u know, u need to amp those bad boys for them to really sound proper. JL all the way. I own a 12w6

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
JL all the way. I own a 12w6

x2!

I have a 10w6 in a custom ported box and it rattles the hair on my face even with all the interior space of my 4Runner!

JL Audio, Boston Acoustics, and Focal are really top-of-the-line brands.

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
Plan and purchase with patience and research ;)

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out. I plan to start working on my system in April.

Yea I spent the better part of a 40 hour work week doing research... It's such a slippery slope when buying stuff for this car though (I'm sure any car you love). Started off thinking around $80 then started looking at the KAPPA60.9CS ($140) then said fuck it and (kinda) impulse bought the best I was willing to extend with the Perfects ($210).. which ofcourse means an I'll need an equally expensive amp to power them..

TwinSpin; said:
I have kappa components in my other ride and just to let u know, u need to amp those bad boys for them to really sound proper. JL all the way. I own a 12w6

Oh yea, I'm hoping the Rockford p400-2 will do the trick (100rms @ 4ohms x 2).

Is the RCD-510 head unit good enough to pull this system off? Installed the sub using a LOC (obviously) and now I'll be tapping into the front speakers with a LOC to feed 2 channel amp... its already a mess behind my stock head unit haha... tapping into 4 more wires will not be pretty.

Just seems like a lot of converting signals and multiple crossovers I'm hoping this is all just common place in audio signal transfer and not watering down the quality too much.

scooby1

replaced my speakers about a couple of months ago, put in Focal k3p, set it as a 2 1/2 way, and a focal 8" sub, annnddd best set i've ever own! loud and so clear!

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
haha so I got the Kappa's in the mail yesterday. Jesus christ the crossovers are literally bigger than the midbass and the midbass must weigh like 10 pounds easy. These things are going to sound amazing... being driven by one hell of an amp.

thekaptn

Ready to race!
sub

I got Nik Brewer from uber-stealth making a side mount for my 10w6v2 right now. In fact I get to go up to OK on Monday to get it installed. I am uber-excited.