GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APR MK6 Products and Information

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Hi Arin: Any news on whether APR is working on a Stage 1/2 update?
Just want to know if this is on the menu or not. (nope, not whining. just asking)

mxnickj

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey APR, I have a question for you. I recently bought a 2011 GTI (used) and in the glovebox I found the paperwork for the tune and instructions for the program switching. I had no idea the car was tuned prior to buying it so I was surprised but I tried to access the different tunes with the program switching and there was nothing in there. After digging deeper I found a repair bill from a VW dealer showing that the ECU was replaced under warranty for some reason. Is there any way to get the tune back once the ECU was replaced or will I just need to get it retuned?

Spyder368

Ready to race!
Hey APR, I have a question for you. I recently bought a 2011 GTI (used) and in the glovebox I found the paperwork for the tune and instructions for the program switching. I had no idea the car was tuned prior to buying it so I was surprised but I tried to access the different tunes with the program switching and there was nothing in there. After digging deeper I found a repair bill from a VW dealer showing that the ECU was replaced under warranty for some reason. Is there any way to get the tune back once the ECU was replaced or will I just need to get it retuned?

That is the cool thing about APR, once a customer always a customer. You should be a leader to get retuned at a local dealer for APR. Money wise the tune you won't have to pay for again but the shop may charge labor to do the tune. Also you can call APR with your vin number and they will confirm that a tune was bought for the car. On a side note the previous owner may have just bought a single tune and not the fully loaded suite that let's you change tunes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

fredf

Go Kart Champion

I think it's at least a $150 transfer fee and likely a labour cost.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
it sounds like he wasn't a customer and just wants a free tune. if you already paid for it they may transfer it to a new ecu but i've never heard of that happening. if you never bought one before and have a new untuned ecu in the car then i'm willing to bet you'll have to pay for the flash.

mxnickj

Passed Driver's Ed
That is the cool thing about APR, once a customer always a customer. You should be a leader to get retuned at a local dealer for APR. Money wise the tune you won't have to pay for again but the shop may charge labor to do the tune. Also you can call APR with your vin number and they will confirm that a tune was bought for the car. On a side note the previous owner may have just bought a single tune and not the fully loaded suite that let's you change tunes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure it was the fully loaded tune based on the information filled out on the back of the program switching instruction booklet.

it sounds like he wasn't a customer and just wants a free tune. if you already paid for it they may transfer it to a new ecu but i've never heard of that happening. if you never bought one before and have a new untuned ecu in the car then i'm willing to bet you'll have to pay for the flash.

I'm really not trying to get anything for free :iono: I just was curious if there was any way that APR, or an APR dealer could get the tune back since the car was previously tuned or if I would need to pay the full price again since the ECU was replaced. Either way, weather its free or not, I just was curious and I'm willing to pay labor to a shop to re-tune if necessary, or save my money to get a tune down the road if I need to pay full price, or if its free, even better. Just trying to find out :thumbsup: