GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: How to adjust Bi-xenon headlight range

2.06thgen

Ready to race!
So if I turn the "V" the other way that will correct my auto adjustment!? I don't want to the manual headlights I like to auto set-up and how the headlights turn with the steering wheel that's one of the reason why I bought this car...can I get the headlight back to the way they were with a lowered car!?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
So if I turn the "V" the other way that will correct my auto adjustment!? I don't want to the manual headlights I like to auto set-up and how the headlights turn with the steering wheel that's one of the reason why I bought this car...can I get the headlight back to the way they were with a lowered car!?

I did not mess with the allen adjustments at all. I simply parked the car in my garage with the door closed so I could tell if they moved. The garage is 98% level so I called it good enough.

I ran the xenon adjustment in VAGCOM and they re-adjusted upwards and are levelled perfectly now. They do the auto check and turn when the car turns same as before.

wrich73

Passed Driver's Ed
worked perfectly using option II, thanks!

hooligan317

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick question...

I didn't measure the stock height of the beam, is there a "standard" height these should be set to or is it more of a trial & error system? (This is of course assuming using the manual method rather than vag-com)

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
Initially the problem was my installer put the rear sensor with the bend pointing the wrong way. Once I fixed that, I figured it was okay. Took a ride, then did VCDS, took another ride. DO OPTION II IF YOU WANT TO SEE!
Thank you for this DIY, you prolly saved my life..

zee

Go Kart Champion
Initially the problem was my installer put the rear sensor with the bend pointing the wrong way. Once I fixed that, I figured it was okay. Took a ride, then did VCDS, took another ride. DO OPTION II IF YOU WANT TO SEE!
Thank you for this DIY, you prolly saved my life..

You're welcome

maluthug

Ready to race!
i just got my coils installed, but not sure if they put the rear sensor back on the right way, do i need to correct it prior to adjusting?

also will adjusting via Option I affect the auto-leveling?

Nuc1ear_Rabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
Option 2 worked beautifully... thanks bubuski!

78mao

sorry for a noob question, anyone know any shop that thye may recommend me to do option 2? i ahve a 2012 and would like to go with option 2 so the headlights still work properly. or where i can buy the vag-com tool ?

thanks much appreciated!

dmick002

Ready to race!
my experience with coils is you must do the manual adjustment because of the larger drop from stock height than just springs...anyone else?

JerGTI

Ready to race!
my experience with coils is you must do the manual adjustment because of the larger drop from stock height than just springs...anyone else?

This is my experience. I didn't even drop mine much (2 inches?) and I did the VAGCOM auto level. The lights were still pointed super high and I was getting high beam flashed constantly. Realized the issue and adjust manually during the middle of a road trip.

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
Will try this tonight atleast to level mine. I think I screwed up my left/right as well so that'll be trial and error atleast when the vertical is corrected. Thanks for the help