GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bazooka Tube Install

jdelcas11

Passed Driver's Ed
Alright guys I decided the stock system just did not have enough "Bass" for my liking. I looked at and had in the past stealth enclosures, but did not want to spend that much and felt the Bazooka is easy enough to remove if needed.. I tried to take pics as I installed, can say it takes more time disassembling the vehicle than anything else.. Do have the remote bass control unit, still looking for a ideal location to mount it..

Started under the hood by removing the battery to get access into the car for power cable. I just poked a hole in the grommet for the single power cable to pass thru.

On the inside there is a foam cover then the grommet is there to remove..

On to the door sill.. I carefully removed the sill trim with my pry tool, lifting up needs is a bit hard but be sure to remove any remaining clips left in the holes and reinsert them onto the trim piece to re-install later..

I researched the rear speaker access with some saying to remove the side cover, but what i found is once the bottom section of the rear seat there is access to a wiring channel that the correct speaker wires would be accessible.

Wiring channel below rear speaker panel (Driver's side):

Wires to tap can be found here: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1411420&postcount=8

Wire taps, power, ground & remote is run thru this small access between rear and hatch...

Final placement of tube.. PM me if you have questions when you plan on doing this or similar.. Info I found in forums are great I will return the favor..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
what size / wattage is this one? I loved mine that I had in my STI hatch, does a great job for what it is and how much it costs. :w00t:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
This is a good read. I enjoy having that little extra BUMP every now and then from the music.

This might be a future Idea

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow, 250w - NICE. Pretty awesome then, I bet??!!?

walbjj

Ready to race!
holy jesus, that tube is massive, i have a 6" jl audio tube, although its not as powerful as ur one, its enough for me and i placed it behind the drivers seat in the passenger footwell. no one sits in the back anyway.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
I installed the 50w 8in bazooka and the bass is amazing,with the factory headunit,this is what these cars were missing.The only good part about mine is, i did not have to run the wire to the battery,,,,,,4 spearker wires ,12 volt power and switch power on and off,ground wire.This sub dose not have a remote for the adjustment for bass,some web site say it's a option but there is no connection on the sub.But there is a knob on the sub to adjust the bass.If the bass is fully up the windshield mirror vibrates,it is a powereful 50 w sub.
It also comes with the wiring kit.I payed like 130.00.

Part #BTA850FH

Last edited:

jdelcas11

Passed Driver's Ed
Is this better than the Infiniti Basslink?

IMO yes... I had a Basslink in my 04 R but it died in just a year.. I have looked up other reviews and have seen similar complaints.. But it will take up less space.. I think the bass from the tube setup is more to my liking as well, more deep not that shallow thump from the basslink..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I installed the 50w 8in bazooka and the bass is amazing,with the factory headunit,this is what these cars were missing.The only good part about mine is, i did not have to run the wire to the battery,,,,,,4 spearker wires ,12 volt power and switch power on and off,ground wire.This sub dose not have a remote for the adjustment for bass,some web site say it's a option but there is no connection on the sub.But there is a knob on the sub to adjust the bass.If the bass is fully up the windshield mirror vibrates,it is a powereful 50 w sub.
It also comes with the wiring kit.I payed like 130.00.

Part #BTA850FH

Check Amazon, there is a "remote" type wiring knob/controller that you can get and connect to the tube, I had one in my STI.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ah ok, I'd only run 100w or higher if I were to get one of these again.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
ah ok, I'd only run 100w or higher if I were to get one of these again.

I turn the knob full bass on the sub ,then adjust the bass from the radio.

steffner

Hey Gti for Me:

Did you use the FAST system that Bazooka has with their amplified units. I have the 6100 with the FAST and cant figure out where to wire the remote turn on. I started on it tnite but it was getting too late so I had to stop. I'll start again next weekend. Thanks

Stephen

Last edited: