GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2015 Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal

supertanch

Ready to race!
The MIL came up two days ago. Scanned the car and found the following fault code:

1 Fault Found:
008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal
P2015 - 000 - - - Intermittent - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 10100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 9
Mileage: 52594 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 09:28:00

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 3315 /min
Load: 44.3 %
Speed: 67.0 km/h
Temperature: 93.0癈
Temperature: 21.0癈
Absolute Pres.: 1010.0 mbar
Voltage: 14.097 V

Readiness: 0010 0001

Searched around and found the solution might be replacing the intake manifold, just wanna see if any one have more input?

Been stage three since 25K for abt 7k miles, current odometer reads 32k.

Thanks!

kashak

Ready to race!
Yep getting mine replaced under warranty tomorrow. Same code, CEL, funny idling and small vibration when at a stop.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
double check and make sure that everything on the drivers side of the IM is plugged in all the way.
If all looks well, take it to the dealer and have them replace your IM.

killfish

Ready to race!
Yep getting mine replaced under warranty tomorrow. Same code, CEL, funny idling and small vibration when at a stop.

Your dealer is obviously mod friendly :) - which one do you go to?

supertanch

Ready to race!
just dropped my car off at the dealer (Boardwalk VW), expected to be fixed tmr or next Monday, a simple replacement :)

twong85

Ready to race!
If they're replacing the intake manifold, you could ask them how much they'd charge to clean the intake valves out. I had mine cleaned out when this happened to me a little while ago at 38k miles.

supertanch

Ready to race!
If they're replacing the intake manifold, you could ask them how much they'd charge to clean the intake valves out. I had mine cleaned out when this happened to me a little while ago at 38k miles.

That's def a good idea! Gonna ask them for that.

Bender1

Banned

How bad were they at 38k?

twong85

Ready to race!
How bad were they at 38k?

I didn't get a chance to see it after they pulled the manifold, but my mechanic said it wasn't that bad at all. There might have been a slight improvement in response but hardly noticeable to me. I've never run a catch can on my car.

kashak

Ready to race!
My manifold got replaced today with newer revision unit, car feels as strong as ever. No carbon build-up (yay w/m)

ehancock

Ready to race!
I've had this problem for about a week. Did any of you with this problem notice a decrease in power?sometimes my car pulls hard and sometimes there's nothing.

davidhingram

Replacing Intake manifold

I drove my 2010 GTI on a 600-mile trip (it just passed 54 K) and the check engine light appeared. Took it to the dealer and it was a bad sensor in the intake manifold, and the entire manifold has to be replaced. I bought the extended warranty, fortunately, but apparently this is not an unusual problem in the TSI engine.