GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Maintenance Schedule (As Requested)

BrianWithGolf

Ready to race!
Here is the dealer recommended Maintenance Schedule (Mileage-Based)

Prices vary based on dealer and location. There are other services that are not included in this Schedule such as Water Pump/Timing Belt, Coolant Flushes, etc.

I also recommend changing your oil every 7,500km rather than just every 15,000km but that's personal preference.

15,000 KM
Battery: Check
Brake Pads: Check Thickness and Disk Brake Condition (front and rear)
Coolant level and frost protection: Check
Engine: Change oil and replace oil filter
Engine and Engine Compartment Components: Check for leaks and damage, check transmission, final drive, drive shaft bolts
Headlights: Check adjustment
Lighting: Front and rear lights, luggage compartment lighting, turn signals, hazard warning lights, daytime running lights, curve lighting
Rear Window: Check clean nozzle functionality (if applicable)
Service Interval Display: Reset (if applicable)
Service Sticker: Update date for next service and in windshield driver’s side door pillar
Tires: Rotate Front to Rear
Windshield washer and wiper blades: Check for damage and function, check fluid level.

30,000 KM
Brake Pads: Inspect brake system and shock absorber for leaks and damage. Check Thickness and Disk Brake Condition. Check Brake Fluid.
Dust and Pollen Filter: Replace (if applicable)
Engine and Engine Compartment Components: Check for leaks and damage, check transmission, final drive, drive shaft bolts
Lighting: Front and rear lights, luggage compartment lighting, turn signals, hazard warning lights, daytime running lights, curve lighting
Service Sticker: Update date for next service and in windshield driver’s side door pillar
Tires: Check tread depth, condition, wear pattern, and pressure on all tires (including spare)
Windshield washer and wiper blades: Check for damage and function, check fluid level.

45,000 KM

60,000 KM
Body: Visual Inspection for corrosion
Brake Pads: Inspect brake system and shock absorber for leaks and damage. Check Thickness and Disk Brake Condition. Check Brake Fluid.
CV Joints: Check for leaks and damage
Door checks and mounting pins: Lubricate
Exhaust System: Check for leaks, damage and secure fittings
Interior lighting and glove box lights, cigarette lighter/power outlets, horn and all warning lights: Check
Power Steering: Check oil level
Ribbed V-belt: Check Condition
Spark Plugs: Replace
Sunroof Panoramic Sunroof: Check, clean lubricate (if applicable)
Test Drive: Check braking, kick-down, steering, electrical, heating and ventilation, air conditioning, and handling.
Tie rod ends: Check for excessive play, check boots
Tires: Check tread depth, condition, wear pattern, and pressure on all tires (including spare)
Transmission: Automatic: Change fluid and filter
Transmission: DSG: Change fluid and filter
Underbody Sealant: Inspect for damage

75,000 KM

90,000 KM

105,000 KM

120,000 KM
Interior lighting and glove box lights, cigarette lighter/power outlets, horn and all warning lights: Check
Test Drive: Check braking, kick-down, steering, electrical, heating and ventilation, air conditioning, and handling.

135,000 KM

150,000 KM

165,000 KM

180,000 KM

195,000 KM

205,000 KM
If you have made it this far congratulations!

If anyone has any prices and would like to share that would be great.

Last edited:

chanman87

Ready to race!
Can we sticky this???

antzz

is there any issues with warranty in canada if the schedules are not followed? I know they r only recommended...

Redslumber

Ready to race!
Yeah, coming up on my 30,000km service as well. Hope it's not too hard on the wallet :S

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
about to do 30K service and $320 + taxes...!?

I just did my 30k service 2 weeks ago and my total after taxes was $290.43

PaulLovesSun

Hey Guys
I am coming up on my 60000km service (actually past by about 2000kms, don't need an oil change yet so haven't taken it in). I have been taking my car to Don Valley VW. Have been fairly pleased with their service. I see some members not so much. I was in there getting new wiper blades last week and saw the 60k service is $499!!!. That seems crazy to me. I do want to keep the car for a while so I def want to get everything checked but 5 bills seems like alot.
Especially since I am getting new rubber for summer. That's quite the hit to the wallet. Anyone else have their 60k service done? Is $499 the norm?
BTW I am stage 1 with intake. DV seems to be mod friendly as they have never mentioned anything about it and I have had warranty work done with them.
Sorry about the long post, just trying to figure out what I should do.

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
Hey Guys
I am coming up on my 60000km service (actually past by about 2000kms, don't need an oil change yet so haven't taken it in). I have been taking my car to Don Valley VW. Have been fairly pleased with their service. I see some members not so much. I was in there getting new wiper blades last week and saw the 60k service is $499!!!. That seems crazy to me. I do want to keep the car for a while so I def want to get everything checked but 5 bills seems like alot.
Especially since I am getting new rubber for summer. That's quite the hit to the wallet. Anyone else have their 60k service done? Is $499 the norm?
BTW I am stage 1 with intake. DV seems to be mod friendly as they have never mentioned anything about it and I have had warranty work done with them.
Sorry about the long post, just trying to figure out what I should do.

The only thing they are actually replacing at 60k according to this is the oil, spark plugs, plus they rotate the tires. And since you don't have DSG you don't have to worry about the DSG fluid.

Do those things yourself and just bring it in for the inspection.

PaulLovesSun

The only thing they are actually replacing at 60k according to this is the oil, spark plugs, plus they rotate the tires. And since you don't have DSG you don't have to worry about the DSG fluid.

Do those things yourself and just bring it in for the inspection.
Thanks for the reply boostedmk6. I may just do that. Didn't realize you could just go in for the inspection. Wonder how much that would cost. Will check it out.

animatrix

Ready to race!
My GTI was serviced first time last Sept 2012 at around 15K by the previous owner. I took over as a new owner in Nov and since then(5 months later), I've only driven about 2K more.

I called the dealer just to confirm everything was ok in the first servicing and it was fine. The customer rep suggested I should bring it in 6 months later instead of waiting a full year(as the guide suggest). I also noticed the reminder sticker they placed on the windshield says to come in March 2013 for next service, but I haven't done it. I'm just wondering with very low mileage since the last servicing, should I just wait till this Sept to bring it in?

My GTI was serviced first time last Sept 2012 at around 15K by the previous owner. I took over as a new owner in Nov and since then(5 months later), I've only driven about 2K more.

I called the dealer just to confirm everything was ok in the first servicing and it was fine. The customer rep suggested I should bring it in 6 months later instead of waiting a full year(as the guide suggest). I also noticed the reminder sticker they placed on the windshield says to come in March 2013 for next service, but I haven't done it. I'm just wondering with very low mileage since the last servicing, should I just wait till this Sept to bring it in?

why would it need servicing if it hasn't been driven. think about it?

dealerships make money from the services, not the car sale. ;)

go by the book, its there for a reason. Im telling you right now, 95% of the people who work at dealerships don't know jack shit about the cars they sell. Mechanics learn how to do it by the directions given by VW Germany, and the sales reps just use the books to tell the customers about the cars.

Change your oil every 8-12k, and brake flush 1st time 3 years, then every 2.

Rest is bullshit gimmicks..

Like "check headlight adjustment" LOL? its automatic, what is he going to do, put in a 7 mm hex key and do it manually? oh wait.. I knew that, he doesn't. :p

I have seen vids where people leave the dash cam on and all they do is change the oil. My friend's C63 went in for 30k service and guess what?

They didn't even change his oil. He was shocked!!! it sat in the service area for 2 hours, and only because he forgot to turn off his cam he found out. What a shock he was in. They gave him some bs excuse saying, oh the mecs just simply forgot, there were couple cars that looked the same and probably thought it was serviced. He is still working with M-Benz in germany, trying to sort out this bs..

I love the stealerships.

r_dub

Ready to race!
just dropped my 2010 GTI at the dealership for the 60K service. They estimated $320 and said it would be another $300 if I had DSG.