GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Racecar / Daily Driver ?

502fasthatch

Ready to race!
So im coming into a chunk of money soon and im really wanting to keep the daily but have that option to pull at the track and run good times. I have a 2012 dsg with 4000 miles and wanna keep the car along time so throwing parts at the car will have to be smart and reliable if not better then stock. I have looked at alot of setups with apr like there stage 3+ kit and im wondering if there is a better setup and actually still daily it and have no serious issues along my way. Thanks guys and i cant wait for this build to start.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
Start with a tune, and good summer tires. Those are the two best things I've done to the car. You don't have to go big turbo to bring out the best in the car.

502fasthatch

Ready to race!
Yeah tune will be after i get my coilovers on which will be within a month then im getting a tbe and intake with tune from apr. Thinking about k04 but as said before i wanna daily drive it so would that be a good finish

502fasthatch

Ready to race!
Lots of guy running K04 as a dd here, you should be fine.

Im really considering doing that with apr tune but what all should i get to be safe? Intercooler? Catch Can? Just curious ive paid the car off so no worries about any dealer problems.

Papele

Ready to race!

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
My opinion is that "coming into a chunk of cash" being the instrument you are using to afford your mods means that you aren't liquid enough to afford the kind of mods that you are interested in. Invest your money, start a retirement account, pay off some bills, do something useful and lasting with your "chunk of change" and don't invest in a depreciating asset (all a car is).

Wait until the next APR sale, get a tune and enjoy your car!

502fasthatch

Ready to race!
My opinion is that "coming into a chunk of cash" being the instrument you are using to afford your mods means that you aren't liquid enough to afford the kind of mods that you are interested in. Invest your money, start a retirement account, pay off some bills, do something useful and lasting with your "chunk of change" and don't invest in a depreciating asset (all a car is).

Wait until the next APR sale, get a tune and enjoy your car!

lol Already in that situation man. This is my money for my car and i have everything else put away for that isssh your talking about. Now this is my daily and i could talk about this car all day because ive done tons of research and not jumping into this with no backbone like others asking away with tons of questions without searching. Me on the other hand i cant not find alot of guys actually putting alot of attention into the engine.

PL-Prez

Ready to race!
I put 40k miles on mine in 2 years, was APR Stage 2 from 5k-35k and tracked it a few times (road courses) and now im K04 and plan to go a few times this summer and so far no problems

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
lol Already in that situation man. This is my money for my car and i have everything else put away for that isssh your talking about. Now this is my daily and i could talk about this car all day because ive done tons of research and not jumping into this with no backbone like others asking away with tons of questions without searching. Me on the other hand i cant not find alot of guys actually putting alot of attention into the engine.

Well if every single loan, credit card, and bill are paid off and you already have a strong retirement account then go K04. Just as reliable as stock with all the power you were missing.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
go K04, in the uk we get the gti with a k04 from the factory so you know its good to go as a DD.

from my last car ( 450bhp astra vxr ) i would say if your going BT go for the apr kits, as nice as tubular manifolds are they are not strong enough for daily driving and will end up splitting.

cast manifolds are far better for DD:thumbsup:

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Suspension: DG springs or HPA SHS coils or Koni coils (depending on how much drop you want)

Power: I'd suggest you grab a downpipe and stage 2 flash first... But if you know you want to go bigger go K04 with APR sw + APR FMIC + 3" downpipe.