GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Are we talkin cabin filter or oil filter?

Oil, was referencing the post above. Never heard of Hengst so was curious as most people used Mann.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Ah my mistake. Yeah I have only used Puralator on my GTI. I used Mann for my cabin filter though.

I just use Mann for both, the oil filter is only like $15, I really didn't even know there were that many different brands for oil filters.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I just use Mann for both, the oil filter is only like $15, I really didn't even know there were that many different brands for oil filters.

I just pick mine up from the Advance Auto right down the road from my place.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I just pick mine up from the Advance Auto right down the road from my place.

I took my car into VW around 12k miles after buying it new for a free oil change and the technicians working on the car made a big stink about me having done my own oil change around 5k miles and using a purolator oil filter. Saying that I was going to destroy my engine using that, rofl.

Too much fan boism for the GerMUN parts or were they on to something? lol.

Since then I've used only OEM VW filter however my buddy hooked me up with a free MANN filter so I said f**k it, it's just a filter and stuck it in for the winter. I'll put back OEM oil filter in Spring.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I took my car into VW around 12k miles after buying it new for a free oil change and the technicians working on the car made a big stink about me having done my own oil change around 5k miles and using a purolator oil filter. Saying that I was going to destroy my engine using that, rofl.

Too much fan boism for the GerMUN parts or were they on to something? lol.

Since then I've used only OEM VW filter however my buddy hooked me up with a free MANN filter so I said f**k it, it's just a filter and stuck it in for the winter. I'll put back OEM oil filter in Spring.
I've always used Mann filters and am at 115k miles. I also throw away all the dealership promotions because they are never worth it. Brakes, tires, maintenance can all be had for cheaper by better trained techs. Or if you do it yourself even cheaper. Unfortunately I've been to 3 VW dealers near me and all of them suck. I'll also never buy new again and just hover forums or private ads on models 1 or 2 years old.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
I've always used Mann filters and am at 115k miles. I also throw away all the dealership promotions because they are never worth it. Brakes, tires, maintenance can all be had for cheaper by better trained techs. Or if you do it yourself even cheaper. Unfortunately I've been to 3 VW dealers near me and all of them suck. I'll also never buy new again and just hover forums or private ads on models 1 or 2 years old.
Likewise. I have mostly run Fram and STP filters as that's what's local. Never had an oil pressure issue. I've only owned used cars personally, 9 or 10 now.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Not what I did, but what critters did. Woke up to go to work, got in my car and it won't start. Pop the hood and discover some critters have created a nice little nest on top of my motor. Probably chewed through some wires. Really not looking forward to getting this fixed.

Critters are lameeee

Interested to see what they chewed

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
This week I Got the stillie winter tires on and summer tires stowed. Had my flasher dude flash to the latest APR stage 2 flash. Had the suspension guy retorque all of the subframe bolts. I noticed one was luce up about 1/2 way out while replacing the snow tires.

Isn’t this flash update bomb as hell compared to the old one? I’m thoroughly impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Got a very nice (well priced) previously owned Boomba shift knob from a guy on Saturday. There were like 5 cars in front of me in the McDonald’s drive through so I popped the oem boot and knob off, and stuck the Boomba knob on. I’m going to try it out for a while without the boot to make sure I like it. So far so good though. That thing is heavy for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazyaRms

Ready to race!
Critters are lameeee

Interested to see what they chewed

Upon looking at it after getting it towed to the dealership they chewed completely through the HPFP wiring harness. Nothing but the connector left, looks like they may have taken (or ate) the wiring as well because its about 4-5 inches of wiring missing.
They also chewed through my boost gauge line, who knows what else. Pretty amazed that all this happened overnight.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Ordered headlights. I have a problem. I'm on my 3rd set of tails and now this is my 3rd set of heads.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Ordered headlights. I have a problem. I'm on my 3rd set of tails and now this is my 3rd set of heads.

Knock on wood, I'm still on my original OEM headlight and taillight bulbs since buying car new Oct.2013.

I did have to replace my yellow after-market fog lights rather quickly but since replacing them with a different brand, they've held up with no issues for about 4 years now...