GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion
mine is ziptied to my lower grille. running a europlate in NH is technically not allowed but my arguement is that i am also running a legal plate up there and the carbon fiber pattern with cyrillic characters is clearly not an attempt to deceive LEO's during stops... have been pulled over with it this way and only got my speeding ticket.
I grew up in Dallas/Ft Worth and when I started driving, I knew a lot of JDM kids who'd just stick their plates between the windshield and dash because it's technically on the front. But the law states it must be mounted, not just visible, so about 75% of them would get pulled over because cops tend to be pretty nitpicky in that area. The other 25% didn't get pulled over because their cars weren't running.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Thinking about pulling my transmission this weekend. How in over my head am I on this one (I've pulled on tranny before on an 05 Lancer)? Anyone pulled the tranny on this car themselves still active on the thread? I get the sense that I'm going to need help.

Which bolts did you replace? There's a bunch of yield bolts, but I've heard lots of people don't replace them all.

ksandman

Ready to race!
I guess I’ve been lucky because I haven’t been harassed about not having a front plate. I have been stopped a few times as well for other reasons but never a mention about the plate. There’s a lot of cars running around in Austin with no front plate though. I think the cops here don’t care or have better things to do lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion

Cheder9000

Ready to race!
Thinking about pulling my transmission this weekend. How in over my head am I on this one (I've pulled on tranny before on an 05 Lancer)? Anyone pulled the tranny on this car themselves still active on the thread? I get the sense that I'm going to need help.

Which bolts did you replace? There's a bunch of yield bolts, but I've heard lots of people don't replace them all.

Rear main seal is out on mine and I’m not trying to pay anyone to drop my tranny either. Leaks oil whenever I drive.

Mk6Racing

Passed Driver's Ed

Eagerly waiting by the mailbox for this to arrive [emoji2] it’s been too long since any sort of mods have taken place now haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Beat the crap out of it at tail of the dragon. God I love my car

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I can't wait to have that level of confidence in mine. I'm still convinced the suspension is fucked and the transmission is gonna explode at any second

smanierre

Autocross Champion
why? what happened?

Just still getting noises from my endlinks and the clutch has felt like shit since I got it installed basically. I'm just hoping it lasts until I pull the engine then i'll do it myself. I'm pretty sure it's an install error because i've heard nothing but good things about southbend but I seriously doubt this is what people consider good. My dads old firebird was more pleasant to drive shifting wise

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Just still getting noises from my endlinks and the clutch has felt like shit since I got it installed basically. I'm just hoping it lasts until I pull the engine then i'll do it myself. I'm pretty sure it's an install error because i've heard nothing but good things about southbend but I seriously doubt this is what people consider good. My dads old firebird was more pleasant to drive shifting wise

thats shitty, tried going back to stock endlinks? what does shifting feel like?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
thats shitty, tried going back to stock endlinks? what does shifting feel like?

I still have them so I may try that. The clutch is just so inconsistent that it's hard to get a good shift. I never know if it's gonna grab right off the bat or near the top, which leads to a lot of jerky shifts, which in turn probably isn't good for the clutch/transmission.

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
mine is ziptied to my lower grille. running a europlate in NH is technically not allowed but my arguement is that i am also running a legal plate up there and the carbon fiber pattern with cyrillic characters is clearly not an attempt to deceive LEO's during stops... have been pulled over with it this way and only got my speeding ticket.

Im just using a tow hook Bracket, the quick release works good when i need to wash the car.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I still have them so I may try that. The clutch is just so inconsistent that it's hard to get a good shift. I never know if it's gonna grab right off the bat or near the top, which leads to a lot of jerky shifts, which in turn probably isn't good for the clutch/transmission.

Have you tried this fix that Torga threw up in his build thread? I don't know if it will help but I'd give it a try.