GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
I decided to remove the polyurethane dogbone mount insert in favor of a metal insert and to replace the pendulum mount with an aftermarket one. Had I known how hard it would be to get the insert out after just a few months, I would have just gotten the metal insert from the get-go.

OEM mount.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
New pendulum mount by Torque Solution and dogbone mount inserts by 034Motorsport installed. Very little vibration, much less than the polyurethane insert on its own. I like it and they look good, at least to me.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I decided to remove the polyurethane dogbone mount insert in favor of a metal insert and to replace the pendulum mount with an aftermarket one. Had I known how hard it would be to get the insert out after just a few months, I would have just gotten the metal insert from the get-go.

OEM mount.

Do you know how long the bushing will last with the metal insert?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Are you referring to the piece that the insert surrounds?

Yea, sorry. I mean the actual puck. I've read that the metal inserts destroy the puck over time.

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Yea, sorry. I mean the actual puck. I've read that the metal inserts destroy the puck over time.

No need to aplologize, I wanted to be sure I understood what you were referring to before replying back. I don’t know how long the puck would hold up, but if that is true then I guess we will find out at some point, hopefully never.

zrickety

The Fixer
My car has had the insert for about 9 years...no problem with the puck so far. I do have the VWR piece ready to go in when I pull subframe.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
My car has had the insert for about 9 years...no problem with the puck so far. I do have the VWR piece ready to go in when I pull subframe.

I'm trying to decide if I can get the VWR piece in without pulling the subframe while my transmission is out. I'm a bit worried that I'll need more access in order to "press" the kit in (quotation marks because it seems most people just need to lightly tap it). If I freeze the VWR upper mount and then lube it I think I could shove it in.

Also wondering if I can do the front sway bar without lowering the subframe. hmmm.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got my oil change done today. Was gonna try and toss my stock end links on to see if they fix anything but god damn, they are stuck on the stock suspension so hard. I'll probably just tighten the fuck out of the ones i'm running now on friday night since they tend to be ok for a few days every time I do that. The plan for tomorrow is to cut off that stuck rear endlink and install the 034 ones. Also may chop off my strut tower covers so I can get to my camber adjustment. Finally, gonna look into where I can get the tools to pull/push the old bushings off the control arms I picked up, and press the powerflex ones on.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Got my oil change done today. Was gonna try and toss my stock end links on to see if they fix anything but god damn, they are stuck on the stock suspension so hard. I'll probably just tighten the fuck out of the ones i'm running now on friday night since they tend to be ok for a few days every time I do that. The plan for tomorrow is to cut off that stuck rear endlink and install the 034 ones. Also may chop off my strut tower covers so I can get to my camber adjustment. Finally, gonna look into where I can get the tools to pull/push the old bushings off the control arms I picked up, and press the powerflex ones on.

So your current endlinks are stuck on stock suspension, but then you want to cut the strut towers to adjust camber? And doing those bushings is a PITA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I'm trying to decide if I can get the VWR piece in without pulling the subframe while my transmission is out. I'm a bit worried that I'll need more access in order to "press" the kit in (quotation marks because it seems most people just need to lightly tap it). If I freeze the VWR upper mount and then lube it I think I could shove it in.

Also wondering if I can do the front sway bar without lowering the subframe. hmmm.
You're quite ambitious.....I'm skeptical you'll be able to do either but good luck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
You're quite ambitious.....I'm skeptical you'll be able to do either but good luck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I checked the space in there when I got home. The steering rack is in the way for the vwr mounts (as well as the sway bar). Don't think I can get the sway bar out either. My ambition in this case was for not.