GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I checked the space in there when I got home. The steering rack is in the way for the vwr mounts (as well as the sway bar). Don't think I can get the sway bar out either. My ambition in this case was for not.

Installing the mounts is easier with the subframe out, no doubt

And removing the subframe isn't too terrible, FWIW

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Installing the mounts is easier with the subframe out, no doubt

And removing the subframe isn't too terrible, FWIW

Job for another day. I thought if it was easy with the transmission out I'd bite the bullet and just do it, but I'll just drop the subframe in the future. Oh well.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
So your current endlinks are stuck on stock suspension, but then you want to cut the strut towers to adjust camber? And doing those bushings is a PITA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The oem ones that came with the car are still attached to the oem suspension that is out of the car. With an impact i'd probably be able to get them off but the way they are attached, I can't get a wrench onto the nut. I'm only gonna be cutting away the top of the strut tower cover so I can get to my camber adjustment plates without taking out the whole coilover. I've seen videos and they look like a pain. I may take it to one of my dad's friends who owns a garage and see if he can do em for me then i'll just bolt them in.

pic of whats being cut:

torga

Autocross Champion
Took my car on a 400 mile road trip. Gas milage in the highway is insane even being tuned on e30. I went 250 miles on half tank cruising at 75. I don’t even go 250 miles on a full tank around town. Anyways, randomly came across a cool as spot to take some pictures at so thought I’d share. Enjoy your Sunday. Cheers!
View attachment 58703
Love how you're stance is looking - you've got good meat on your tires!
I just drove a ~960mi road trip myself. According to my auto expense tracker, I got 34mpg the whole way! Pretty happy about that. Been getting 27-29mpg around the city lately, too.

ksandman

Ready to race!
Beautiful car....have you thought about the OEM front lip spoiler, or going body color (matched) for the lower grille surround?

Thanks! I would like to do an edition 35 front bumper to tie into the side skirts better. I think that and the oem lip spoiler or whichever lip goes with that bumper would look sweet.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Changed oil and took a sample to send for analysis (6k mile change). Installed a magnetic drain plug while I was at it.

Replaced the OEM PCV valve with the RKX unit. The stock one had 2 tears in it but I am not sure if those were caused from me removing the cap. I didn't have any oil consumption and the car ran fine so I doubt they were there before. The RKX valve is so much thicker then the OEM paper one.

Installed Neuspeed dog bone insert.

Car has this annoying hum now at idle which I am guessing is from the insert. Hopefully it subsides some.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Well, bought an SPM turboback today and waiting for a Cobb intake to come. Someone stop me before there's nothing left in my bank account.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Want to buy a Cts k04 turbo? [emoji3166]

I get married in July, do you want me to have a pre-marital divorce? HA

93serprise

Ready to race!
Switched over to my Unitronic tune after using my Stratified tune for awhile. Forgot how smooth and hard pulling the Uni k04 tune is. Definitely feels better and more powerful than the current revision of Stratified tune.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Datalogged a 3rd gear pull to submit to Alex with Stratified. Hoping my 3rd protune revision fixes some issues.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Datalogged a 3rd gear pull to submit to Alex with Stratified. Hoping my 3rd protune revision fixes some issues.

I really gotta get on with my datalogs. I did the MAF calibrations but none of the actual refinement ones yet.

93serprise

Ready to race!
I really gotta get on with my datalogs. I did the MAF calibrations but none of the actual refinement ones yet.

I have been slacking on mine but that is because I
had planned on getting my GTX3071r installed along with an upgraded fuel system :( That isnt happening until January now so I am just rollin with my trusty kO4 ;)