GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

zrickety

The Fixer
Yea, it's the post cat one that is reading rich though and giving me the code. I'm just gonna have it fail which gives me 60 days to figure my shit out

You try disconnecting the battery and starting from scratch? Might get the ECU where you want to be...

Phur

Autocross Champion
I swapped out my crankshaft position sensor, hoping that would solve my warm start issue. No dice.

[emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdan

Ready to race!
Mounted up my paint matched OEM R side skirts and euro lip. Shop did a decent job, but I figure it’s pretty hard to match white. Install wasn’t too bad, just a lot working back and forth to try and get the 3 clips to seat.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Mounted up my paint matched OEM R side skirts and euro lip. Shop did a decent job, but I figure it’s pretty hard to match white. Install wasn’t too bad, just a lot working back and forth to try and get the 3 clips to seat.

sitting nice. the whites will balance out with time.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!

Those wheels at stock height look awesome!
If you at stock height.

pdan

Ready to race!
sitting nice. the whites will balance out with time.

Thanks, the car is also filthy so a nice wash should bring out a brighter white anyways.

pdan

Ready to race!
Those wheels at stock height look awesome!

If you at stock height.

Thanks, yeah I’m stock height. Plan on lowering sometime in the future, had a hard time deciding between the silver and a darker gunmetal.

ksandman

Ready to race!
Replaced the radiator on my turd. Fan shroud got pressed up against it when I uninstalled my FMIC and put a pinhole in it. How did plastic poke through metal you ask? I’ve got no fucking clue lol.

torga

Autocross Champion
Replaced the radiator on my turd. Fan shroud got pressed up against it when I uninstalled my FMIC and put a pinhole in it. How did plastic poke through metal you ask? I’ve got no fucking clue lol.
Any tips on avoiding this? I'll be installing a FMIC in the very near future, and I'll be removing the OEM intercooler.

ksandman

Ready to race!
Any tips on avoiding this? I'll be installing a FMIC in the very near future, and I'll be removing the OEM intercooler.

To be honest, I was sloppy reinstalling my front end and rushed the process and when I put the front clip on, I managed to shove it on in a way that had my radiator and fan shroud pressed up against the charge pipe prior to putting in the two bolts that hold the condenser/intercooler/radiator unit in it’s proper place. I also didn’t get the tabs on the bottom lines up in there slots before pressing the front clip towards the car. I would suggest having a friend help to you when reinstalling it so you can line up the tabs on the bottom of the intercooler that slide into the two slots on the bottom of the front clip that also hold the condenser/intercooler/radiator unit in its place and then pull everything towards you to slide the little mounting bushing that sit on the upper side of the IC or the IC delete into the designated area on the front clip.

After doing it several times without draining the coolant, draining the coolant would be wise, especially if doing it alone because it makes moving around all of your cooling system components 100x easier than when your rad is full of coolant and wants to just fall straight down when you’re putting the front clip on.

It was my fault at the end of the day for trying to remove my FMIC and put the stock one back in and have my front end back on within a couple of hours and thought I could get away with being a bit careless by shoving things on when you need to be delicate especially if you don’t drain the coolant. What happened to me isn’t something that needs to be cautious of, I was just being ignorant about the process. I’ve done it about four other times, but took my time doing it and never had issues.

Draining the coolant isn’t really necessary but if you don’t have a friend or some type of contraption to hold up the cooling components in their place relative to where they mount on the front end while your removing and installing everything, save yourself the struggle and drain the coolant.

ksandman

Ready to race!
In the midst of removing some last things from putting my car back to stock, I couldn’t find one of the clamps for the stock intake flex section so I reused part of my diy intake to replace it. I think it tidies the bay up a bit rather than having that flex section junk in there. I also flipped the maf housing upside down to hide the wiring. I think this is an effective way to clean up the bay and utilize the stock air box.

Feels weird to modify my car while I’m un-modifying it lol

Also, ignore my battery box and the battery cover. I had a battery explode (that was some insane shit) and have been too lazy to buy a new cover.

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie

Pdan - is that a lens cover on the fog lights?

zrickety

The Fixer
I swapped out my crankshaft position sensor, hoping that would solve my warm start issue. No dice.
Have you looked at the LPFP? I've heard there is a module back there that doesn't like to get hot.