GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The drivability problem nobody is talking about: throttle response

dudemanz

Ready to race!
It must be something you get used to after a while because there are very few mentions in the forums. I've had my GTI for less than a week. I love so much about it including the way it drives except for the throttle response. After driving all the cars I've owned in my life, I got used to power immediately when I step on the gas. In the GTI, it takes about a second before it does anything. You can't tell me this is the result of turbo lag. The 4-cylinder should be able to react to give me power when I put my foot down.

When it does react, it does it strongly. More and more over the last few days, I find myself chirping the front tires because I step on the gas a little too much thinking it will get me off the line they way I am used to. So far, this is the biggest disappointment with the GTI. Everything else rocks.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I can't say Stage I APR did anything for me regarding this issue.

But, yes, there is a huge thread on this topic.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
I can't say Stage I APR did anything for me regarding this issue.
But, yes, there is a huge thread on this topic.

I feel the same. Stage 1 or stage 2, the throttle response sucks. It's even worse with AC on.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I call it the 'super sensor committee'. It's way overdone - the ECU compares your input (throttle) with the conditions of the dynamics ans other inputs before acting on your request. I've found that while not solving the issue completely, turning 'off' ESC helps translate your requests more faithfully.

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

P

plac

everything adds up to fix it.. stage 1 tune.. DSG tune.. aftermarket intake.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Tune + Intake + DSG Tune did it for me.

B6JoeS4

Ready to race!
Is the tune taking the lag out of the system, or is it just turning a 10% input into a 50% throttle body movement? With my S4, the APR tunes were never able to get rid of any of the actual lag, they just turned the pedal into an on/off switch. Only one tuner (JHM) was able to completely eliminate the lag, without turning the pedal into an on-off swich

DummyBear

Ready to race!
sprintbooster? but not sure if it is a good mod or not

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
Stg1 and Modshack helped for me, but it still does it some with the A/C on. I look forward to winter! My Mini sucked stock. 2nd gear wasn't enough at a slow right or left hand turn, it wanted to be in 1st, but that wasn't good either. It got better after some power mods.

...Sent from my phone with typos...

QUEDRO

Ready to race!
hmm, always felt that throttle response was better in stock program.
Stage 1 def did not improved it.

maybe you guys running intakes that's y

PS: hate to make those quick left turns in traffic at lights.

Last edited: