GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scosche Double Din kit installed:

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
Which scosche kit is that? The one on that is on their site is the one I have and it looks like everyone else's. That one does look a lot nicer but I'm keeping the RCD510, at least for now, and feeding it into my processor.

Scosche VW2317AB
is the number i do believe

quality_sound

hmm.......
Awesome! On Scosche's site they only list the VW2317B but if you search for the AB it comes up. Weird.

Bretterson

Ready to race!
The unit was $499, but it can probably be found cheaper. You can buy an MHL adapter kit for $15 - $30 to connect your android phone and skip buying the pioneer kit which is $100. If you have an iphone everything you need comes with the unit cable wise. I don't know about the iphone for software but for android you'd need ARL which is $30 (expensive but worth it), torque is $5 bucks and I got my ODB dongle for $25 I think.

So ~$600 for just what you would need. That is excluding the dash kit with wiring harness, CAN decoder for vehicle sensors and the decoder for the steering wheel controls ($150-200 if you want that). Maybe they can be found for less, I didn't really shop around.

Here is a video clip.

Where do you find the steering wheel control decoder? I haven't come across anything.

pengee

Passed Driver's Ed
Where do you find the steering wheel control decoder? I haven't come across anything.

I tried the Axxess ASWC (manual said it would work, website said it wouldn't) and it didn't work. I already had the pac-audio C2R-VW2 so I got the SWI-RC to go with it. You could probably just buy the RP4-VW11 if you want all the same features. I haven't looked around but there might be other options.

Bretterson

Ready to race!
I tried the Axxess ASWC (manual said it would work, website said it wouldn't) and it didn't work. I already had the pac-audio C2R-VW2 so I got the SWI-RC to go with it. You could probably just buy the RP4-VW11 if you want all the same features. I haven't looked around but there might be other options.

Hm, pricey indeed. Thanks!