GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD-510 AE Software Update

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
The software update is out as of Jan 11th, but it has to be performed using SVM by the service department. The update makes the radio a revision AF with software 0008 and fixes the mono bluetooth issue. It also fixes the auto play issue that some versions of the software have. TSB 91-13-03.

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
The software update is out as of Jan 11th, but it has to be performed using SVM by the service department. The update makes the radio a revision AF with software 0008 and fixes the mono bluetooth issue. It also fixes the auto play issue that some versions of the software have. TSB 91-13-03.

Praise baby jesus!

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Took them long enough to fix bluetooth auto play... I ended up turning mine off via VAG-COM while maintaining bluetooth calling.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie

Atty

Ready to race!
Anyone got it done yet? How long did it take?

Should I switch my car back to stock mode for this? I don't think a tune would affect any of this at all, would it? Its not done through the OBD or have anything to do with the ECU, right?

Geesixty

Does anybody know if I can bring just the radio in for the update or does it need to be installed in the car?

Atty

Ready to race!
Just got it done. It takes 2 hours (I watched the progress bar the entire time, it really does) and they do it via your obd. You have to take the car in.

That said, it is totally worth it. Sound quality is better, mono sound is fixed, and track titles show. It also feels snappier.

My car was tuned and switched back to stock. Didn't say a word or affect anything. Switched it back after and all was good.

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
I wonder if my dealer would be cool and leave my tune alone.

I NEED this update done.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Apparently the real TSB number is 2031136/1. Some report difficulty finding it using the 91-13-03 number

And great that it also sorts out the really loud Bluetooth volume. Getting it installed in the morning

----------
Technical Service Bulletin 2031136/1 <-- you must mention this number!
91-13-03 - Update Programming RCD-510 Radio (Premium 8)
Release date: Jan 11, 2013

This TSB covers all 2012 and 2013 models except Routan, Touareg, and Jetta Hybrid.

Old Software Part Number: 1K0.035.180.AE
New Software Part Number: 1K0.035.180.AF

Old software version number (2012): 0007, 0008, 0009, 0010, 0011, 0012, 0013, 0014, 0015, 0016
Old software version number (2013): 0007
New software version number (2012 & 2013): 0008

This update programming has been released to address the following customer complaints...

"Bluetooth audio runs in mono."
"Media player automatically starts when phone is connected to vehicle."
"Bluetooth audio level is too high."
-------------

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Got the update done this morning. Works great and good that the volume issue is sorted too.

Don't think i saw the "add/remove channels" setting for the Sirius setup before - good to find now anyway.

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
So they won't perform this for me if I have a 2010 model?