GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MASTER CLUTCH APPLICATION GUIDE - WHAT DO WE REALLY NEED?

logixal1

Banned
I think I'm going to get the fx400

I know offer 2 new options that use a full face Cerametalic material. Stage 4 has it on both sides and the Stage 3 has it on 1 side with Organic Material on the other side.

Stage 3 - 475 ft lbs
Stage 4 - 590 ft lbs

Last edited:

IndyTom

Ready to race!
I think I'm going to get the fx400

Overkill and besides some of these clutches aren't meant for the street and will wear a heck of a lot faster than clutches designed for street use.
I have heard of a lot of people thinking the higher the torque it handles the better and then their clutch went to crap after 3 months and they had to do it all over again. Be sure you know what you are getting yourself into before you waste your money.

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
This is a clutch i can expect to last like oem under normal driving conditions right?
Just thinking of going stage 2.
Is that enough power for this clutch?

Thanks

Im thinking you'll be covered. If instill had my stock flywheel i would have been all over this.

IndyTom

Ready to race!
This is a clutch i can expect to last like oem under normal driving conditions right?
Just thinking of going stage 2.
Is that enough power for this clutch?

Thanks

I am at APR Stage 2 and have the RSR Clutch now for about a year. Still grabs like it did on the first day. A very nice clutch if you want to keep the Dual Mass flywheel. Very easy to modulate and has a much more positive engagement compared to the very mushy stock clutch. There is a bit more pedal effort which I actually prefer. There is no clutch noise and it can easily handle Stage 2 and even K04 performance. If you want performance and drivability without the noise and vibration of a Single Mass Flywheel you can't go wrong with the RSR clutch.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Im thinking you'll be covered. If instill had my stock flywheel i would have been all over this.

I am at APR Stage 2 and have the RSR Clutch now for about a year. Still grabs like it did on the first day. A very nice clutch if you want to keep the Dual Mass flywheel. Very easy to modulate and has a much more positive engagement compared to the very mushy stock clutch. There is a bit more pedal effort which I actually prefer. There is no clutch noise and it can easily handle Stage 2 and even K04 performance. If you want performance and drivability without the noise and vibration of a Single Mass Flywheel you can't go wrong with the RSR clutch.

Awesome thanks very the quick response! Time to start gathering the money for the supporting mods then clutch. :D

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Still happy with my fx350 clutch. More than enough for Stage 2+.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

logixal1

Banned
Still happy with my fx350 clutch. More than enough for Stage 2+.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

really? mine is slipping already after 10k but i also drive the dog shit out of it. im starting to think we installed it wrong or something.

IndyTom

Ready to race!
You are not the only one. There lots of threads about the FX350 starting to slip after 3 to 6 months of use. Just search the MKVI Golf forums and you will find tons of links regarding slipping FX350 clutches.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6891840-Fx350-Clutchmasters-slipping

Did you notice that he is in MN and was posting in Jan in the middle of the worst winters we have ever had in this country? Cold is going to effect the clutch because the metal material and clutch material is too cold which reduces how much the clutch will hold. Everyone tends to complain about the clutch slipping when it gets really cold.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Did you notice that he is in MN and was posting in Jan in the middle of the worst winters we have ever had in this country? Cold is going to effect the clutch because the metal material and clutch material is too cold which reduces how much the clutch will hold. Everyone tends to complain about the clutch slipping when it gets really cold.

This is very true. I'm at 20,000+ miles with over a year of use and still no slip. *knocks on wood*

IndyTom

Ready to race!

LOL, it got Super Cold here in Indianapolis this winter and I mean cold. 50 Below at times where birds dropped out of the tree dead. And that cold lasted and lasted almost 4 months long thanks to the "Polar Vortex" During all this mess the RSR Clutch didn't slip once. :thumbup:

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
Going to ask.. so please dont crucify me.

does the RSR work on a lwfw or is it made to only work on the oem flywheel?