GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MASTER CLUTCH APPLICATION GUIDE - WHAT DO WE REALLY NEED?

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Well after finally getting the ECS Clutch Bleeder Block installed along with a few other things & 46,500 miles my clutch is slipping again

Question is do I have to replace everything again The Flywheel, P.P. Disc, & Release Bearing. I have the SB stage 2 endurance with the SMF

When I talked to Southbend, they recommend at least resurfacing the pressure plate and the flywheel. Particularly with the stage 2 endurance, since it is a little harsher on the components.

Depending how many times you wanna do the clutch, you could rebuild the current set as a back up and buy a new set for now.

JT641

Banned
When I talked to Southbend, they recommend at least resurfacing the pressure plate and the flywheel. Particularly with the stage 2 endurance, since it is a little harsher on the components.

Depending how many times you wanna do the clutch, you could rebuild the current set as a back up and buy a new set for now.

Where can I get just the pressure plate and clutch disc??

BTW Just got late word from the shop
We readjusted the shift linkage cables and re-pressure bled the clutch hydraulic line, then re-test drove. The clutch slip issue appears resolved at this time, holds power OK under load at this time

ThatVWGuy

Ready to race!

We readjusted the shift linkage cables and re-pressure bled the clutch hydraulic line, then re-test drove. The clutch slip issue appears resolved at this time, holds power OK under load at this time

This is disappointing to hear. My SB stage 2 goes in next week, though currently I am only Uni 1+. What stage are you running JT64?

JT641

Banned

This is disappointing to hear. My SB stage 2 goes in next week, though currently I am only Uni 1+. What stage are you running JT64?

Guess you didn't read all of my last post above ^^^ Going to pick it up shortly 65 miles there and back so I'll let you know how it's really doing later
here's my build thread you can see for yourself everything I have

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46439

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion

You can get them direct from Southbend. If you are willing to have your car down for a little (Not very long), Southbend will rebuild everything for a pretty good price. They will resurface everything, re-balance it and even account for the material lost in resurfacing by giving you shims or a thicker clutch disk.

JT641

Banned

You can get them direct from Southbend. If you are willing to have your car down for a little (Not very long), Southbend will rebuild everything for a pretty good price. They will resurface everything, re-balance it and even account for the material lost in resurfacing by giving you shims or a thicker clutch disk.

Got car back from the shop clutch seems to be working ok But I can't say the same for the shifter it's way out of adjustment :( . So I guess I'm going to have to take it to someone else to get the shifter reajusted again

If have to replace the clutch I'll just get another kit of the same

JT641

Banned
Thanks, and yes you are correct. Hope you get everything else sorted out.

Thanks I do to Also Late in the day after getting back from the shop my car developed a bad boost leak I was winding It out through the gears to almost redline only managed to get to 3rd before something went. When I'm driving around town I can hear this hissing sound that get's worse the more gas I give it and driving on the highway is a no go as it bucks and jerks badly :(:( So as it stands right now my car is parked in my garage until I get the boost leak sorted :(:(

ThatVWGuy

Ready to race!
I just had the South Bend Stage 2 Daily installed last week along with the ECS bleeder block and stainless clutch line. Here are my impressions so far:

• The new clutch system (all parts together) does allow for faster shifting than was possible with the stock clutch system. Whether this is just due to the new bleeder block or some combination of all three changes I don’t know.
• One gripe I had on the original clutch was that for me to be smooth accelerating from a complete stop, I had to rev the engine slightly more than I did with other cars I owned. I have found that the new clutch setup allows for smoother starts than I could do with the original clutch setup.
• The new clutch makes slightly more noise (especially from a stop) than the old setup, but it was nowhere as bad as I thought it might be given some users feedback on clutch chatter. Is it there? Yes, but it is really only noticeable to me when accelerating in 1st or 2nd gear with windows down and music off.

Overall, the clutch is performing as expected.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
• One gripe I had on the original clutch was that for me to be smooth accelerating from a complete stop, I had to rev the engine slightly more than I did with other cars I owned. I have found that the new clutch setup allows for smoother starts than I could do with the original clutch setup.

That's interesting, because my experience has been the opposite. I don't have to bring revs up at all (1500 RPMs, if that), just feed it the appropriate amount of throttle as I let out the clutch. When I'm trying to take off in a hurry without abusing the clutch I usually just feather the throttle at idle while engaging the clutch and then just stomp on the throttle when the clutch is fully engaged.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Just finished install on my SouthBend Stage 2, obviously still breaking it in, but loving it. Almost 0 chatter or gear lash.

italiansanto

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey! Have any of you considered replacing the stock clutch with the "HS Tuning RSR Clutch Kit" and a new OEM Dual Mass Flywheel? I have a Stage II GIAC Tune and several hardware mods. Please let me know what you guys think!

djaikon

Ready to race!
Hey! Have any of you considered replacing the stock clutch with the "HS Tuning RSR Clutch Kit" and a new OEM Dual Mass Flywheel? I have a Stage II GIAC Tune and several hardware mods. Please let me know what you guys think!

I've got the RSR clutch with the original DMFW and it's great. 2+ years and still holding strong. My clutchmasters fx350 barely lasted a year. I'm APR stage 2.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Did the HOD 6GT, love it. I need to get the bleeder removed and probably have a different one in there.

The 6GT is really stock feeling but grabs like crazy.