GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Data Logging Compendium

A_Bowers

This thread will serve as a comparison thread for ALL GTI logs.

I want this to be as academic as possible, and any posts that are deemed inappropriate will be deleted.

3rd party logging (i.e. members) is preferred, however if a tuner would like to share information (and that alone) that is acceptable as well.

Thanks for everyone who has put forth time and effort to log these files, and looking forward to some hard data to compare.

Conditions for logging information (from this edit forward 4/26/13)

- Software Stage
- Software Provider
- Hardware Modifications
- Conditions of the run (gear that was logged, ambient temperature and altitude).

Baseline/minimum data set to log

You should log the following:
001-1
003-2
003-4

020-1
020-2
020-3
020-4

031-1
054-4
114-4
115-3
115-4

You can use the advanced measuring blocks function in VCDS to log 12 channels at once in turbo mode. (If you have the full hex-can). Don't think the micro can has this feature.

To pull more data from the micro-can cable change these settings.

BLK INT = 25
CHAR INT = 0

A_Bowers

Reserved

Thanks to John@Unitronic for graphing these as well

Same thing, just different graphs.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
MDHOLLIS logs not mine but pulling them over for the reference.

Uni lines - UNITRONIC stage 2+ off the shelf tune
APR lines - APR v2 93 oct program

To be fair there were both on W/M injection.

Here is the data range used.

And here are the two logs that the data ranges were pulled from (highlighted in yellow). I tried to match the data series as close as possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ku803i7bif871k4/eMk0Jq-cOm

A_Bowers

Well your engine is breathing well. Most TSI logs I've observed show MAF readings of 250-260 G's/second. I'm at 260...and you are at 270. Your maf readings at 5400 rpm are what I am seeing at redline. What intake?

Your boost log looks very very similar to mine with boost falling to 16 psi at redline and a little under requested, but meeting/exceeding requested up until higher up in the RPM band.

Your timing advance looks very similar to mine as well. Not close to these UNI guys though.

Timing pull throughout the entire rev range even in smallish amounts might be of concern. I pull timing in a similar fashion but to a lesser degree, mostly below 3-4.

Also I am assuming this is the APR v2 tune correct?

I've discussed this with Grambles a bit, and there may be a few factors involved with the G/s is so high.

Ive got the Neuspeed K04 discharge pipe, which from what i have seen on others dyno graphs, is that you continue to make power towards redline.

That is why i feel flow is much higher. Intercooler may come into play here as well....dont know how academic of a judgement that is, but that is also another idea to contemplate.

Im not thrilled with timing pull either, as it is quite a bit here and there. Bronson suggested switching to another company for fuel, as I have been running Sunoco 93 since i purchased the vehicle. He suggested Shell, which is just down the road. SO ill try that and log some more when i have a chance to.

A_Bowers

No problem

Got to drive Allset's car today as a side note and damn is she smooth and fast. Unfotunatly no WOT logs from today though.

Good deal! It's always nice to have an exposure to different tunes, and method of getting the job done.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
I've discussed this with Grambles a bit, and there may be a few factors involved with the G/s is so high.

Ive got the Neuspeed K04 discharge pipe, which from what i have seen on others dyno graphs, is that you continue to make power towards redline.

That is why i feel flow is much higher. Intercooler may come into play here as well....dont know how academic of a judgement that is, but that is also another idea to contemplate.

Im not thrilled with timing pull either, as it is quite a bit here and there. Bronson suggested switching to another company for fuel, as I have been running Sunoco 93 since i purchased the vehicle. He suggested Shell, which is just down the road. SO ill try that and log some more when i have a chance to.

Looks to me like you're getting a bit higher MAF readings than Grambles and I did when we were looking at the carbonio and modshack.

http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44138

I wonder if perhaps cooler temps could be a factor?

As for timing pull, I thought 6 degrees as a max was OK?

A_Bowers

Looks to me like you're getting a bit higher MAF readings than Grambles and I did when we were looking at the carbonio and modshack.

http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44138

I wonder if perhaps cooler temps could be a factor?

As for timing pull, I thought 6 degrees as a max was OK?

I'm just now getting into understanding the deeper side of ECU tuning so, that question might be better suited to UNI APR, GIAC folks. .

Keep in mind that you guys had the OEM pancake pipe, vs the Neuspeed one.
This is running the carbonio, btw.

If I'm understanding things right, temp shouldn't have too much an effect on flow. Boost PSI, absolutely, but not sure of flow rates.

My ultimate goal is to try and reduce all restrictions on both sides of the turbocharger. Hot side is good. No cat, and 3 inches all the way back.

I need to replace the OEM TB pipe, and that should take care of that side.

That's my thinking on why flow rates are higher. But I could be totally off base.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I have about 10 logs on my work computer. Will post soon.

Ill also grab some Stage 2 logs.

More data the better!