GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Revo Product and Information Thread

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
when is revo going to make a big turbo file for the tsi engine?

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Isn't software software? I have a competitors k04 software, plenty of people run your file with the F23T.

People do run K04 files with F23s, but it is definitely not recommended or supported by tuners themselves. It's kind of up to you.

I think what Jeff is referring to is that Revo does not make an actual F23 file.

FriggenT1

Banned
People do run K04 files with F23s, but it is definitely not recommended or supported by tuners themselves. It's kind of up to you.

I think what Jeff is referring to is that Revo does not make an actual F23 file.

Well yes, I'm aware of that. I'm just looking for a good company with good customer service.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Well yes, I'm aware of that. I'm just looking for a good company with good customer service.

I get what you're saying, but my point is that no company is going to help you out in customer service if you're running a turbo that isn't supported by them.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Isn't software software? I have a competitors k04 software, plenty of people run your file with the F23T.

No software is not software. While there are many people that run ours or competitors software with mismatched hardware it does not mean it will run optimally. Unfortunately the owner may know this and accept it but all their buddies know is that they have a car running XYZ software and it is terrible or isn't as fast as it should be. They blame blame the tuner having no clue their friend intentionally built a crappy car. So they go off and tell all their friends don't run software from XYZ because this dudes car sucks, not our fault but we get blamed.

This is NOT a customer service matter.

You very well may be a customer, if you have a problem with our current stage 1 2 or 3 software for your vehicle running the proper hardware we will support it.

But not offering a product we never claimed we would is in no way a customer service matter. Ford makes the mustang and supports it. If you go to a Chevy dealer and demand they make you a mustang they won't be able to. It is not a product they offer and they don't have poor customer service simply because they won't make you one. We don't offer software for Jaguars, if someone asked and we said sorry not a product we offer it is not poor customer service.

We could also offer this product but it could be terrible and have bad customer service. Just offering it doesn't mean the service is good.

These two things are completely unrelated.

The bottom line is we have seen no reason to offer software for those turbos, our experience has shown us in the past that it is simply not worth our involvement supporting them in anyway. While this may be disappointing it is not going to happen, there is no point in asking further.

FriggenT1

Banned
No software is not software. While there are many people that run ours or competitors software with mismatched hardware it does not mean it will run optimally. Unfortunately the owner may know this and accept it but all their buddies know is that they have a car running XYZ software and it is terrible or isn't as fast as it should be. They blame blame the tuner having no clue their friend intentionally built a crappy car. So they go off and tell all their friends don't run software from XYZ because this dudes car sucks, not our fault but we get blamed.

This is NOT a customer service matter.

You very well may be a customer, if you have a problem with our current stage 1 2 or 3 software for your vehicle running the proper hardware we will support it.

But not offering a product we never claimed we would is in no way a customer service matter. Ford makes the mustang and supports it. If you go to a Chevy dealer and demand they make you a mustang they won't be able to. It is not a product they offer and they don't have poor customer service simply because they won't make you one. We don't offer software for Jaguars, if someone asked and we said sorry not a product we offer it is not poor customer service.

We could also offer this product but it could be terrible and have bad customer service. Just offering it doesn't mean the service is good.

These two things are completely unrelated.

The bottom line is we have seen no reason to offer software for those turbos, our experience has shown us in the past that it is simply not worth our involvement supporting them in anyway. While this may be disappointing it is not going to happen, there is no point in asking further.

Ok, well other companies have been quite willing to work with these turbos, I had heard good things about you all, but now you just come off as an asshole.

I'm asking about customer service because if I had a simple question about requested boost, or program switching, or DSG tuning. You talk about customers complaints about the software and this or that, and yet you come across as a complete jerk, so for that reason, I wouldn't refer you anyway.... so don't worry about losing business, you already have.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Ok, well other companies have been quite willing to work with these turbos, I had heard good things about you all, but now you just come off as an asshole.

I'm asking about customer service because if I had a simple question about requested boost, or program switching, or DSG tuning. You talk about customers complaints about the software and this or that, and yet you come across as a complete jerk, so for that reason, I wouldn't refer you anyway.... so don't worry about losing business, you already have.

To be fair, you have to respect where they are coming from. Not to cause an issue, but people on here in the past have crucified tuners for things that weren't necessarily their fault. I can understand why Revo wouldn't want to be involved with a diagnosing issues on a tune that isn't really being used correctly. If anything were to go wrong, there's the chance for a lot of negative press for a product that wasn't used for its initial development purpose.

That being said, so far my experience with them has been nothing but positive. I only have good things to say.

FriggenT1

Banned
To be fair, you have to respect where they are coming from. Not to cause an issue, but people on here in the past have crucified tuners for things that weren't necessarily their fault. I can understand why Revo wouldn't want to be involved with a diagnosing issues on a tune that isn't really being used correctly. If anything were to go wrong, there's the chance for a lot of negative press for a product that wasn't used for its initial development purpose.

That being said, so far my experience with them has been nothing but positive. I only have good things to say.

I'm glad you've had good experiences with them. I do understand what they are saying, it's just being said in a rude manner.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
I didn't find anything rude about the comment. You're asking for support on an item that revo hasn't tested there software on so how would the tuner be able to diagnose any issue. atleast he gave you an explanation rather then just saying no.

FriggenT1

Banned
I didn't find anything rude about the comment. You're asking for support on an item that revo hasn't tested there software on so how would the tuner be able to diagnose any issue. atleast he gave you an explanation rather then just saying no.

You're missing the point. I'm not asking for them to diagnose anything. I was interested in their tune, not getting it and then complaining about it.