GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Revo Product and Information Thread

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Have you logged the car, or are there any codes?

I know logging the car would be ideal but I don't have access to doing so at this moment. I might be able to do it after xmas. I am not throwing any sort of hard CEL.

Below is a link to my thread I posted on here and it contains a link to a video of the problem:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108750

I replaced my spark plugs 7k miles ago along with the fuel filter. Since then I have gapped the plugs to .028 and have installed a new battery with only a couple hundred miles on it.

I have red top coilpacks that have less than 7k miles on them as well.

I've also tighten all the clamps from the air intake all the way through to the throttle body and checked the PCV hoses as well.

This only seems to happen when it's cold outside (below 45F). In the 50's + these misfires go away.

I am Revo stage 2 with mods in my sig.

Just wondering if this is a known issue with Revo's tunes.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Had the same symptoms. Did a carbon cleaning and went away.

Appears to be the first signs of carbon buildup. Thought carbon buildup would only cause misfires from cold starts and such.

Drove the car into work today while keeping the revs high (right around 4K rpms) then got on it for a 3rd gear pull as I got close to work and no misfires. Imagine that. Guess I should start saving for a carbon cleaning

Sales@funktion

Ready to race!
I know logging the car would be ideal but I don't have access to doing so at this moment. I might be able to do it after xmas. I am not throwing any sort of hard CEL.

Below is a link to my thread I posted on here and it contains a link to a video of the problem:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108750

I replaced my spark plugs 7k miles ago along with the fuel filter. Since then I have gapped the plugs to .028 and have installed a new battery with only a couple hundred miles on it.

I have red top coilpacks that have less than 7k miles on them as well.

I've also tighten all the clamps from the air intake all the way through to the throttle body and checked the PCV hoses as well.

This only seems to happen when it's cold outside (below 45F). In the 50's + these misfires go away.

I am Revo stage 2 with mods in my sig.

Just wondering if this is a known issue with Revo's tunes.

Without checking for DTCs and logging the car, it's hard to say what is going on.

Please have the car properly logged and send the file to support@revotechnik.com so we can assist.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
I am stage 2 as well and am getting an intermittent misfire or overboost at what I am assuming low temperatures as well. I'm in SoCal and am not an aggressive driver so I don't experience it often. Feels like almost hitting the rev limiter. It looses all power momentarily, falls on its face, loud bang in exhaust, then shifts(DSG) and keeps going at WOT.

I changed plugs to the NGK PFR7S8EG and installed R8 coil packs just before going stage 2. I'm at 56,000 mi and it may be the first sound of carbon build up as my mileage seems way down and I can no longer hit the 31mpg on the highway like I used to.

Can anyone point me to what parameters to log when looking to diagnose this. Luckily I invested in a Micro-CAN.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
So i went to install a revo stage 1 tune for my 2011 gti at my local revo dealer.. when i went on friday they went to do it and they said they didnt have a tune file for my vin.. He told me oh well maybe they deleted the file or updating it.. come back on Wednesday after new years. So he sends me an email today asking for my vin so he can contact revo and get the file for me in advance.. he just replied that revo has to build the tune for me and will take a couple of weeks???!! Wtf is going on here?? Why wouldnt revo have a file for my vin?? Arent there many mk6 gtis running stage 1 tunes.. i had a 25% black friday offer that they said they would honor but wtf is going on here? Is it just this local dealer giving me the run around?? Like i been waiting 3 years to tune my car and now this.. anyone have any idea?

FriggenT1

Banned
So i went to install a revo stage 1 tune for my 2011 gti at my local revo dealer.. when i went on friday they went to do it and they said they didnt have a tune file for my vin.. He told me oh well maybe they deleted the file or updating it.. come back on Wednesday after new years. So he sends me an email today asking for my vin so he can contact revo and get the file for me in advance.. he just replied that revo has to build the tune for me and will take a couple of weeks???!! Wtf is going on here?? Why wouldnt revo have a file for my vin?? Arent there many mk6 gtis running stage 1 tunes.. i had a 25% black friday offer that they said they would honor but wtf is going on here? Is it just this local dealer giving me the run around?? Like i been waiting 3 years to tune my car and now this.. anyone have any idea?

Yeah, get giac or UM instead

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
^^ I see that UM is united Motorsport.. Which I found out that my local VW dealer offers.. I was mistaken they offer Tunes from HPA, APR and UM not GIAC.. I'm still waiting for a response from the REVO dealer as to why a tune file isn't available for my car.. Annoyed

FriggenT1

Banned
^^ I see that UM is united Motorsport.. Which I found out that my local VW dealer offers.. I was mistaken they offer Tunes from HPA, APR and UM not GIAC.. I'm still waiting for a response from the REVO dealer as to why a tune file isn't available for my car.. Annoyed

UM is a very powerful file. Giac also makes good power, there's a reason they have the fastest 1/4 times.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
1pm REVO stage 1 appointment for today.. Was told REVO was updating the mk6 gti file and I'll have the latest and greatest version.. Hope this is a good thing..

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
1pm REVO stage 1 appointment for today.. Was told REVO was updating the mk6 gti file and I'll have the latest and greatest version.. Hope this is a good thing..

Can anyone verify this? If REVO has updated their software?

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
If anyone in here needs a Revo SPS to change modes on their tune I am selling mine for $100 shipped.

PM me.