GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gauging Interest: chitown dyno day part 3?

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Boosted - maybe I shouldn't have gone first . . . .

birthday stage 2 action . . .

non LED appreciation club

Jaber- Best birthday ever
Jay- again, again!!

Lamb's Tails

dyno straps
. . . and me being too lazy to get off my ass to take a picture

LAMBZ RAMZ . . . .

Renner's MK VI

LIGHTZ, YO

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Don't think fan blowing on open intake mattered much. The fan is still infront of car, not directly on intake. So carboner wohld still grab the cooler air from the fan, where as open filter still grabbing warmer air, mixed with cooler air? My numbers dropped after 2nd run, but 2nd and 3rd run were prettu close. Think i dropped 10whp? Im guessing, anyone remember.
Is the CTS intake tube same diameter as oem, ir 3" like uni?
Keep ib mind theyre also CTS authorized dealer ;-)
Neuspeed dealer too.

I want to see how efficient the neuspeed intercooler performs on a hot/humid day

I have the same interrogant, If a closed case intake might not suffer from heat reflection, can a bigger pipping and open filter intake take advantage of the dyno fan? If that is the case, then due velocity, could the Neuspeed FMIC edge any other stock position IC, no matter how big could it be? :confused:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
still has increased lag, I'd think?

as for CTS.. yeah, they have been pushing CTS big time lately, and they are heavy on GIAC tuning. Anything else that they are "authorized" for, I don't think they move as much.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Maybe the Angry Pandas needed ice cream? Would of been nice for spid to dyno his car :-D
but for real, I want Ice cream.

different materiels and shielding though...dare i say open air intakes on a dyno where a fan is blowing cold air on the intake probably helps with numbers? Carbonio is nice for keeping heat from the engine bay off the filter cause the carbon fiber but would heatsoak inside the housing without the help of the fan blowing directly on the filter. I wish i had 24/7 free access to a dyno lol

Jaber how much hp/tq did you lose between runs? i lost 2 hp/2 tq

Theoritically a filter on a stick should heatsoak much greater than a enclosed design, but since pulls were done with a fan and open hood...probably didnt help us carbonio guys. carbonio can only suck so much cold air in from that little front inlet

oh wow boosted contributing to the forum :clap:

on a side note, yesterday was really awesome.

Adrian, Thanks for arranging that whole thing

Kev- Thanks for vids/pics/letting us hear your z4m at wot.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
car wash... and donuts.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Blu....:clap::clap::clap:

Dat Jay ear to ear smile. first pic i was actually seeing how they strap the car down..never seen a dyno in person. the rollers are way louder than i would have though
but for real, I want Ice cream.
oh wow boosted contributing to the forum :clap:
:laugh::laugh:

you missed out jay. dem miata guys are on a different planet of car handling

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
where was that autox? how were the pavement conditions??

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
where was that autox? how were the pavement conditions??

AHhhh yeaahhh i see what you did there!

Actually, the course conditions looked freakin amazing.lol Windy city bmw needs to lock dat parking lot down. I knew miatas could handle good but damn. :yikes:

Boomers stadium in roselle/schaumburg, they go there pretty much every weekend both sat and sunday...windy city miata club

sorry michal i was gonna message you to come by but i was only up there for like 30 mins

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Also john, that white mustang is one of the girls who entered bmw event...should we let bmw club know shes whoring around with other clubs?

Boomers parking lot?

yes sir!

see above post, think we posted same time :thumbsup:

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Also john, that white mustang is one of the girls who entered bmw event...should we let bmw club know shes whoring around with other clubs?
:lol: I was just going to say that I know that girl with the white mustang/number style combo. Her brother probably got her to sign up because he drives a Miata with BMWCCA. Was there a dark blue/gray E92 M3 there? If so, that's their dad.

And with the Miata club doing like 30 events there per year, not sure how another club like BMWCCA would be able to attend :iono: But yeah if they could find a good substitute for Maywood, that'd be awesome.