GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Negative, bought this one long before I met you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

oh then you suck at the gold DEI tape wrapping as much as i did! :lol:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
oh then you suck at the gold DEI tape wrapping as much as i did! [emoji38]
100% lmao

As soon as I got around the pcv bung I started noticing it going south. Almost decided to stop but meh it's a track car, doesn't need to be pretty. I laughed out loud at how bad it looked when I was done [emoji23][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Had RS3 before these, they discontinued those and replaced with the RS4

Do these do well as a daily summer tire or are they better for tracking? Got a set of new Konigs for super cheap and trying to decide on a good summer tire without breaking the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

Do these do well as a daily summer tire or are they better for tracking? Got a set of new Konigs for super cheap and trying to decide on a good summer tire without breaking the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's much better street tires out there. These have a very stiff sidewall and take some heat in them before they start gripping.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Had RS3 before these, they discontinued those and replaced with the RS4

indeed

There's much better street tires out there. These have a very stiff sidewall and take some heat in them before they start gripping.

+1

these (extreme perf) tires are more performance dedicated for track/autox, etc. You can def street drive them, but they will be louder and wear quicker than say a max summer perf tire.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Finally got around to working on it. Valves looked really good for 85k miles. Still did a quick carbon cleaning on it.

[

what is that thing with the red over lower left in the engine bay?

jay745

Finally got to finish it and just in time. Dropped down to 20 degrees and I was only running water with no coolant. Manifold and water pump were kind of a pain to get off. I was shocked at how clean my valves were. Water/meth and hooning ftw. Did a carbon cleaning regardless. New grad aluminum water pump on, new manifold and pcv gaskets, and new injector seals.

Had a bit of a scare on the first startup, was misfiring and wouldn't stay running. Realized quickly that I forgot to plug in the manifold plug for the boost tap o_O

20191110_145139.jpg
20191103_150830.jpg
IMG_20191108_191146_295.jpg
20191108_163722.jpg
20191106_190425.jpg

torga

Autocross Champion
Would you say removing the IM is totally necessary for a water pump job?

jay745

Would you say removing the IM is totally necessary for a water pump job?
many say it's not necessary but honestly I think it would be a nightmare job without removing the manifold.
This shitbox driveable yet?
Almost, just need to get the bumper back on. It won't be driven until spring though #thanksillinois

torga

Autocross Champion
many say it's not necessary but honestly I think it would be a nightmare job without removing the manifold.
That seems to also be the consensus of what I've found online, but I wanted your opinion too since you're really handy with this stuff. Just doing some preliminary research for when mine inevitably goes.