GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Zubin's CSG GTI "Anna"

zsm722

Ready to race!
It's didn't think I would mod this car even mildly, so now I guess time for a build thread.

I've had "Anna" since July 2012; picked it up used w/15k miles on it for my 20th bday. I was super excited, as this was my first more sporty car, coming from an old W140 MB S-Class.

I'll update more info later. But here are some pictures. IG: @zsm722

Vehicle:
2010 Carbon Steel Grey GTI, DSG, 4 Dr, Heated Cloth Interior, RCD510, Halogen Headlights

Back in the day:

Now:

I've tracked this awesome car 3 times. Once at Fastivus 2013 (Big Willow), Buttonwillow March 2014, and Fastivus 2014 (Big Willow).
Never let me down on the track, and I was flogging it. My fastest time at Big Willow is 1:45.490 :)
http://speedventures.com/results/Default.aspx?id=-2146599295

Exterior:
- OEM Bixenon Swap (OEM everything excluding AFS retrofit)
- Piaa Yellow City Lights
- Osram Front LED Turn Signals
- OEM Roof Rack + Barracuda Bike Rack
- Votex Cargo Basket
- Color matched side markers
- Color matched lower valence
- Satin Black front VW emblem + GTI emblem
- Green Stripes on grille
- Rear Red-out vinyl overlay (All-red taillights)
- Home-Depot Front Lip :)

Interior:
- Red Footwell lighting (red tape over housing lol)
- Kenu Airframe - Adjustable phone mount
- Aluminum GTI seat wrench emblems
- Monster Floor Mats front/rear
- VW Cargo Blocks and Cargo Net

Wheels:
- Stock Suspension
- 18" Detroits w/ 225/40/18 Pirelli P-Zero Ross Assimetrico
- 18" Silver OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 ET45 w/ 225/40/18 Michelin PSS + OZ hubrings + Extended Lug Bolts to fit these wheels

Performance:
- STOCK Tune
- USP Motorsports Downpipe w/BMW 335i Secondary Cat spliced in
- 42DD O2 rear Spacer + some other random spacer for the precat sensor
- Neuspeed Catback Exhaust
- Neuspeed P-Flo (Red) w/ AEM Dryflow Filter (no oil required)
- Zimmerman Blank Rotors x4 (OEM spec)
- Akebono Euro Ceramic Front pads (OEM spec)
- Ferodo Rear Pads (OEM spec)

Vag Com Mods:
- Windows up/down with key
- Needle staging gauge sweep
- Emergency brake light flashing
- DRL's as fogs
- Fogs stay lit with high beams
- Driver's Seat Heat Memory
- Other things I can't remember right now.

Last edited:

zsm722

Ready to race!
Looks proper! Just the tails for me don't work, but that's a use less opinion. Well done!

Thanks Hoosier,

I should have made this when I got the car, I'll try to show progress pics haha.

I did the redout tails for $15, and wanted something different, expecting to get LED Tails eventually. but I couldn't justify that expense, even though I want them really badly. Yeah the reverse lights are red, but I haven't had any issues seeing at night. I don't have any window tint:)

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
:thumbsup:Nice build, cool to see another CSG
Sub'd.

zsm722

Ready to race!
However, why of all colors...the Green? :)

Well, I had an extra grill, thought I'd try it. Wanted to do a Lamborghini Verde Ithaca green on the grille as well as on my calipers but that's a little much haha. The green stripes are actually plastidip. For < $10 thought I'd try it out.

Like this. I forget whose this is, but they are parting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zsm722

Ready to race!
Got some used Michelin PS2s
235/40/18 to replace the worn PSS on my OZ ultraleggera.

Last edited:

zsm722

Ready to race!
Big SoCal Euro

Last edited:

zsm722

Ready to race!
Mounted:) MEATY

zsm722

Ready to race!
FEELER:FS/FT 18" Silver OZ Ultraleggeras 18x8 ET45
w/ 20% 235/40/18 Michelin PS2 + OZ hubrings + Extended Lug Bolts to fit these wheels

$1200 OBO. PM me. For local pickup in San Diego

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Lookin good! I love the green. Its a color people dont use often and I liek it lol.

Well, I had an extra grill, thought I'd try it. Wanted to do a Lamborghini Verde Ithaca green on the grille as well as on my calipers but that's a little much haha. The green stripes are actually plastidip. For < $10 thought I'd try it out.

Like this. I forget whose this is, but they are parting out.

this'th though ^^ You need to paint your calipers and grille tripes that color. Its gorgeous. Just my opinion lol.

zsm722

Ready to race!
Lookin good! I love the green. Its a color people dont use often and I liek it lol.

this'th though ^^ You need to paint your calipers and grille tripes that color. Its gorgeous. Just my opinion lol.

Thanks for the love man! I like how it pulls out the greener metallic flakes on CSG. I do need to do the calipers, but since I occasionally track the car, the paint on the calipers may heat up too much and flake.

I may do gold on the grill and was gonna make the wheels gold too. But I haven't decided yet.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the love man! I like how it pulls out the greener metallic flakes on CSG. I do need to do the calipers, but since I occasionally track the car, the paint on the calipers may heat up too much and flake.

I may do gold on the grill and was gonna make the wheels gold too. But I haven't decided yet.

Yeah I can understand that then.

My vote is go green. But the gold is a good look on a csg.

zsm722

Ready to race!
Haven't updated this in a while...

Tires:
Since my last postings, I've done a few more trackdays. realized the used 235/40/18 PS2 were garbage because of their manufacture date, I just kept sliding everywhere. ended up getting a new set of PSS for the OZ in 225/40/18, as well as 225/40/18 Pzero rosso assimetrico to replace my stock tires as well.

Cosmetics:
Bought some OEM LED Taillights a few months ago. They look amazing:)

Preventative Maintenance:
Just tackled some of these today, amazon sent me 1 bosch and 3 ngk iridium spark plugs. I have no idea why, they are both OEM Spec though.

-Cabin Air Filter
-Fuel Filter
-Spark Plugs
-Coil Packs

Very Near Future:
-DIY DSG Service
-Front Brake Pads