GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Integrated Engineering Golf R Performance Products Thread

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie

Integrated Engineering is proud to finally announce the availability of our IE450T turbo kit for the MK6 Golf R. We are proud to be first to bring the power of a twin-scroll EFR BorgWarner turbocharger in a complete bolt-on kit to the market. Transform your MK6 Golf R into a 450+bhp monster, without any dramatic increases in spool time, reaching 435 ft-lbs of torque at all four wheels, at a mere 3300rpm! By employing true twin-scroll technology into the cast turbo manifold and pairing it with a state-of-the-art BorgWarner EFR turbocharger, spool time is kept to a minimum, delivering the fastest-spooling big turbo setup to the market.

Dyno Charts
While still remaining within the limits of the factory engine internals on 91 octane, the IE450T kit produces just that- 450bhp. As you can see in the dyno plot below, this kit packs a big punch and does not add on much turbo lag from the factory K04 setup it replaces.

For more advance customers with built shortblocks, a 100 octane file will further release the power of the IE450T turbo kit. With no further modifications this file is capable of over 450 horsepower and 460 ft/lbs torque to all four wheels! (Coming Soon)

Customer Review

The IE450T kit was designed with the enthusiast in mind; the person who wants to increase the power from their car without removing any of the fun from it. It is designed to directly bolt on to the car without any fabrication or frustration. With the IE450T turbo kit, performance has been perfected.

Visit our website for a full list of features, components, pricing, and information!

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
What if someone need the HW only without the IE SW?

Not available, we will not be selling hardware separate from software. These two items have been developed hand in hand together and are a perfect marriage. If you choose not to run the included software, that is up to you of course... However, we can not warranty the hardware and tech support will be limited without our software.

Is there is a special SW for the kit with IE intake manifold?

It is not yet available, however it is coming!

Are you going to work on MKV FSI soon after releasing the R kit?

We have already begun looking into any possible hardware changes... it should not take long.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Not available, we will not be selling hardware separate from software. These two items have been developed hand in hand together and are a perfect marriage. If you choose not to run the included software, that is up to you of course... However, we can not warranty the hardware and tech support will be limited without our software.

It is not yet available, however it is coming!

We have already begun looking into any possible hardware changes... it should not take long.

Are you going to provide DSG software too? Or the SW flashing includes the DSG file too?
As you know the big power needs a DSG improvement and tuning file.!

Do you think the MKV price will be same of the R one or lower?!
Actually almost $7k is TOO much! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Are you going to provide DSG software too? Or the SW flashing includes the DSG file too?
As you know the big power needs a DSG improvement and tuning file.!

For DSG cars we will have to supply a DSG tune of course. I actually have an IE Alpha DSG tune on my personal MK6 for many, many months now.

Do you think the MKV price will be same of the R one or lower?! Actually almost $7k is TOO much! :(

Same hardware, same price most likely. As far as price, you must remember we set out to make the best performing, most reliable, fast spooling, perfect fitment, and high quality material kit. We are using a turbocharger with the industry best technology available that out-flows with a quicker spool than any other brand in the same frame size... this turbo cost much more than included turbos in competition kits at over 2000.00 on its own. High quality, OE reliability, and perfect fitment required using very high quality materials, in-house machined parts, and USA castings. These are much more expensive to manufacture than imported parts and castings, but the final fit, finish, and quality is out of this world. We didn't set out to make a cheap kit, those already exist... we set out to make the best. It may not be for everybody, but for those that want massive power without sacrificing spool, reliability, or existing streetability... this kit will do more than asked. Hopefully that helps explain the price, these are not cheap to manufacture.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
For DSG cars we will have to supply a DSG tune of course. I actually have an IE Alpha DSG tune on my personal MK6 for many, many months now.

Same hardware, same price most likely. As far as price, you must remember we set out to make the best performing, most reliable, fast spooling, perfect fitment, and high quality material kit. We are using a turbocharger with the industry best technology available that out-flows with a quicker spool than any other brand in the same frame size... this turbo cost much more than included turbos in competition kits at over 2000.00 on its own. High quality, OE reliability, and perfect fitment required using very high quality materials, in-house machined parts, and USA castings. These are much more expensive to manufacture than imported parts and castings, but the final fit, finish, and quality is out of this world. We didn't set out to make a cheap kit, those already exist... we set out to make the best. It may not be for everybody, but for those that want massive power without sacrificing spool, reliability, or existing streetability... this kit will do more than asked. Hopefully that helps explain the price, these are not cheap to manufacture.

So, How much is DSG tune? even expectation and round figure!
Also, any data and information about it?
Is it gonna be different stages or one stage that support all power figures?

By the way, I am not looking for a cheap product or manufacture, read this and maybe it will be more clear!
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192448

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
So, How much is DSG tune? even expectation and round figure!
Also, any data and information about it?
Is it gonna be different stages or one stage that support all power figures?

I don't have any pricing info right now... but it will similar to market price from other tuners I'm sure. There will have to be a few stages to support different power figures, such as K04 or our EFR kit.

By the way, I am not looking for a cheap product or manufacture, read this and maybe it will be more clear!
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192448

Thanks for the kind words, I hope you didn't take that as me saying you were cheap. I was simply trying to explain the pricing behind our kit, we are trying to stay as competitive as possible with it using the same or higher quality parts available.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
So who did order the kit then?
A lot of expectation on the releas and now it's finally here.
Did you order?

I am waiting for the TSI kit.
Any info on what the TSI will handle with stock internals?

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
I was simply trying to explain the pricing behind our kit, we are trying to stay as competitive as possible with it using the same or higher quality parts available.

IMO staying as competitive as possible doesn't mean to be in the same highly price but to provide a better service and products (and IE used to provide it) with lowest price as possible as you can!
I would suggest to follow the thread link I sent you before and trying to listen to what people/racers said. Btw; those people are not cheap or looking for cheap because if you spent more than $15k for modifications it means you are going for the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
I am waiting for the TSI kit.
Any info on what the TSI will handle with stock internals?

TSI kit is now in full-on attention mode. For those of you attending waterfest this year, you can see most of the finished hardware for the TSI kit on display at our booth. And of course, the base file for the TSI kit will be limited to safe levels for internals. For customers with rods/pistons there will be upgraded files.

IMO staying as competitive as possible doesn't mean to be in the same highly price but to provide a better service and products (and IE used to provide it) with lowest price as possible as you can!
I would suggest to follow the thread link I sent you before and trying to listen to what people/racers said. Btw; those people are not cheap or looking for cheap because if you spent more than $15k for modifications it means you are going for the best!

I know you don't agree with the price Mostic, I'll post the same reply I made in another thread. It is important to me you know, I don't think anyone is being "cheap" at all... that is not the point I'm trying to make.

No doubt about the IE quality & EFR performance BUT everyone speak about the same issue "PRICE" !!

You will be hard pressed to find a kit with this fitment, finish quality, USA manufactured castings and in-house CNC billet pieces. There is only one other kit on the market with a similar quality, and the other is using a much cheaper turbo charger (before modifications to the turbo). Without the turbo, our kit would be a little over 4000.00 with software. Also, we are not just pulling out an EFR from the box and shipping it to you... we had to make a lot of modifications to the already expensive EFR turbo to fit the massive twin scroll onto the car, including designing and welding a cast elbow, custom in-house made wastegate bracket, wastegate actuator modifications, CNC diverter valve block-off, fabricated in-house clocking fixture (all hand measured and verified to the mm). And that is just the turbo work! Also items such as the custom perfect fit OE quality oil/coolant lines that require no splicing/cutting/extending/modifying the OE lines.. they are a direct quality replacement. The manifold includes hard track tested monel hardware and gaskets to make sure there is no manifold leaks (anyone owning a big turbo car before knows this can be irritating). The USA cast MAF housing and charge outlet receive CNC machining after casting with very generous hose bosses and end stops to ensure silicone stays in place for the lifetime of the vehicle (again, DIY turbo kit owners know all too well how annoying blowing off charge pipes can be), the MAF housing is perfectly sized and receives a hone for very efficient air flow readings. These are just a few features that goes into a kit of this quality. This is not a run of the mill quickly welded together piping with imported pieces to shove everything into the bay. Every aspect has been thoroughly worked to make sure these kits operate as if it came away from the factory... it all looks, feels, and operates at the highest quality with reliability. This is not a 3500.00 fabricated kit, and it could absolutely NOT be done with the quality standard that we operate by at that price... however, the performance and long life reliability absolutely shows. It is not cheap to manufacture this way, that is why there are only two kits of this quality available... but in the end those who are after the highest quality parts will be grateful. I can not agree that the price is an issue, it simply couldn't exist at 4, 5, or 6 grand.

This is all before we even get into the massive R&D time spent chassis and engine dyno testing, street testing, track testing, endurance, daily, and thousands of miles spent checking data and revisions at high altitude, sea level, desert 110+ heat, cold freezing temperatures, city driving, track laps, and so on.

Is the price going to be too high for some? Yes, we knew that before we started. There are plenty of people who are happy with smaller turbo/K04 performance, and that is great! K04 cars are fun, and pack in a lot of performance for the cost. This kit id for those that want the highest power, with the most reliability, in a very high quality package that matches the quality of the car. The same quality that originally had you buying the car in the first place. The IE450T kit is a whole new ball game from a K03/4, its the difference between a quick street car and a serious performer that will take on cars with much more performance than the Golf R bracket... especially when you factor in the incredibly fast spool times and massive power band. AND there is a lot more power available in these kits as they grow with engine internals, upcoming IE fueling solutions, and higher octane/water meth. The base IE450T file is just the beginning and on the lower side of the kits ability.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Any news regarding the intake manifold SW for Golf R?
You announced that it is ready to flash and the OBD tool are ready too but suddenly you removed from the IE website and it seems it is not ready!!
A racer in my team bought the manifold for his 2013 Seat Cupra R and he can't install it till now because the IE software is not ready yet!

Its ready and on our site, has been for a while now. We had a site update a short while ago that turned off a few products, and it was one of them. It was fixed and is available HERE.

Last edited:

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Link still not working:iono: