GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Someone scracthed my car :[

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
So on Saturday i went out and did some Christmas shopping, got dinner with some friends, and then went and got ice cream. When we came out of the ice cream shop it was the first time i walked up directly to my car from the side as the parking lot was rather empty.

And boom got a foot long dent and scratch in my drivers side door. Rather pissed in all the parking spots i was in(as i cant confirm it happened at the ice cream shop) i was pulled all the way up.
So that means someone had to back out with their wheel completely locked and hit my car and leave or someone came into a spot hot and left before i came out.

Pics bellow :[ I tried to clean it up the best i could but its still vary noticeable.

Anyone have a idea on how much it would cost to fix? Im mainly more wanting the black line gone i think its gone pretty deep. I can live with the dent, im thinking.

Last edited:

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
Pica aren't working. Apparently they're linked to an AOL e-mail?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

WTF-IDK

Ready to race!
That sucks man. Did you file a police report? You could try and go back to the places you shopped/ate at to see if they have video. A hit and run even in a parking lot is still a felony.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

So are these 3 pics not working?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
That sucks man. Did you file a police report? You could try and go back to the places you shopped/ate at to see if they have video. A hit and run even in a parking lot is still a felony.

No i didn't. And i was at a lot of locations the mall, outlets, main street parking for dinner, red lobster to drop off cell phone to a friends girlfriend, 711, ice cream shop.
I only noticed it at the ice cream shop when i left which when i pulled in i wasnt next to anyone and only 1 person came in while we were there but im not sure where he parked he left before us. They dont have cameras out side i looked.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Dang OP that sucks :/ Hope you find a quick fix.

Also, pics are working

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
To make a little lemonaide out of it all.
It may be repairable by a paintless dent removal and a detailer with a buffer.
Since it's on the door skin and not the body shell / quarter panel, it may be an easier repair
Your car is Candy white, which should be an easier match if they do need to repaint compared to some of the other metallic colors.

I know it sucks. Maybe Dr. Colorchip can help the deep scratches?

zrickety

The Fixer
Get a couple quotes from body shops. There are a few ways to fix that, it will just take time.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Okay got my first quote from a body shop. (which is highly recommended by peers)
they quoted

3.9hrs of body labor @ $44/hr total 171.60
2.8hrs of paint labor @ $44/hr total 123.20
2.8hrs of paint sup @ $28/hr total 78.40

Total price 373.20 plus tax or just under $400.

They are repairing the door ant painting door/handle/and mirror so they match.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Also they said my car would be in the shop for 2 or 3 days.