GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

08.5-11 ESP Defeat

mg_90

Well I can confirm that this DOESN´T work for my car, even though now the FIS sais "ESP Disabled" as soon as the car starts to go sideways it kicks in and ruins all the fun.

No one has tried? It has to happen this to someone else too...

zrickety

The Fixer
2011? What pump model?
On the 2010 I get TCS off and then ESP off messages. I don't have access to snow or autox for awhile to compare.

Last edited:

ruck

Ready to race!
I am lucky enough to have pump module AH, tried it anyway and now it reads esp off rather than tcs off and the light blinks rather than being solid. I guess ill have to go for a drive and see what happens

zrickety

The Fixer
it works!!! IT WORKSS!!!!!! Its now finally a GTI, not just turbo yaris!!!
Lol! This thread makes me happy. I just hope someone can figure out the code for the other 2 pumps.

Last edited:

gtigti

Mine is a 2010 Euro spec. GTI with the AJ pump.
Before changing the coding it showed "TCS" On/Off and now, after coding, it shows "ESP" On/Off - and the indicator still blinks as before.
Seems like a 1-stage long press and not 2-stage, short press didn't do anything.
Will update after confirming on track that the ESP is indeed off and it isn't just a pretty message.

mg_90

2011? What pump model?
On the 2010 I get TCS off and then ESP off messages. I don't have access to snow or autox for awhile to compare.

Here you have:

Address 03: ABS Brakes
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 379 BE
Component and/or Version: ESP MK60EC1 H31 0108
Software Coding: 143B600D092700FB280B06E4901E0041350800
Work Shop Code: WSC 01357

Made in March 2011 Germany, my car is Euro Spec. I replaced in the Long Coding the 35 with a 3D and the message shown in the FIS when pressing the button changed to "ESP disabled" but as soon as the car starts to go sideways the ESP acts and stops the fun.

zrickety

The Fixer
Perhaps the BE is like AH pump. There must be another code that keeps it off.

ruck

Ready to race!
I'm hoping one comes out for the AH pump. I took a ride in the snow this morning after changing it just to see if it worked anyway and it acts the same as before. With my AH pump it just says esp off instead of tcs off. Very disappointing.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
Well it was wet today on the road. And if you romp on the gas with traction off and get the wheel spin the light doesn't flash on my BG module

zrickety

The Fixer
More info from our polish friend. I'm really surprised how many versions there are...
'In newer pumps with number ending BH BJ BK BL works coding of byte 6 and 14, I have no info about BM and BS pumps.'