GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possibly repainting my car

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
So i have an opportunity to repaint my car and get my bumpers shaved. It also gave me an idea whether i should change the color of my car. Any suggestions on color? or should i just stick with Candy white or some kind of pearly white. I guess my only concern would be the resale value of the car if i were to decide to sell it. I had some ideas in my head such as laguna seca blue or a burgundy type of color.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Depends how good the shop is as well. You're lucky that your car is white so it's neutral. I'm sure it's just going to be a quick exterior job so there will be a lot of the original color when you pop the hood, open doors etc....

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
go over it with a nice pearl white with a good bit of flake (color of your choice)
that way it will somewhat match the interior areas... plus its pearl white, who doesnt love pearl white

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
Cool Customs in Oxnard did my hood. I'm very happy with how it came out.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
White is a hard color to match. So if you are going to go white might as well go big on it and do as much of a good exterior coverage as possible.

I've had friends spend over 10k on a paint job...but that did include pulling the motor and very expensive paint.

TakmaN

Ready to race!
Estoril Blue baby!

Always wanted an individual package E46 M3 in Estoril Blue with Ecru interior... drool...

George11

Ready to race!
Suzuka Grey (Bottom Left Car)

Balloon White

But as an owner of a notchless hood, OEM paint is better than most resprays. After a couple of washes I noticed a "fish eye" imperfection and other minor things. So while the idea of changing the paint color is cool, I would heed the warnings people are saying because upon closer inspection, you might find a flaw in the paint.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
why not vinyl wrap it, its cheaper n removable when you wanna trade in.
this.....so this......

Keep it original.
Wash the living shit out of it, then wrap it a different color. Doesn't HAVE to be matte color. You can get it wrapped it and have look like an actual paint job.

Pretty dawm expensive, but wont have to worry about resale value, and plus, you protect the paint.

Is here, ain't no paint job. lol

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
definitely weighing my options but for now definitely shaving my bumpers for now. I am really leaning towards that nardo grey that the rs7 has. Matttt suggested it to me and i really like that flat gray look and it looks unique. Anyone handy with photoshop want to put that color on my car? :)