GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OT #27: Hot as Bawls Everywhere

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
someone just won the lottery out by me. crazy stupid amount...

if i won the lottery i dont know if i would quit my job or not. not right away anyway.

09vdubgti

Banned
I'd quit the shit out of mine. I wouldn't even invest it (like if it were an absurd amount), just enjoy it.

"Im going to buy you a lap dance, I'm going to buy myself a lap dance, I'm going to buy everyone in the whole strip club a lap dance"

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I'd quit the shit out of mine. I wouldn't even invest it (like if it were an absurd amount), just enjoy it.

"Im going to buy you a lap dance, I'm going to buy myself a lap dance, I'm going to buy everyone in the whole strip club a lap dance"

And youll be the next member on the show "I won the lottery and now im broke"

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

I have different scenarios played out for different lotto amount wins lol.

Like right now the
Florida Lottery is 11 million jackpot.
Power Ball is 52 Million jackpot
Mega Millions is 30 Million Jackpot

I always will choose the early payouts over lump sum prize. I think of it like even if i blow all my money in a year i still have guaranteed money the next year. Or however their payments are.. not sure if monthly, weekly, quarterly, yearly etc. With a lump sum if you blow it all on bad decisions you have nothing coming next year or ever again.

So example

Florida lottery is either a 20 year payout or a reduced lump sum which is roughly equal to 48% of the jackpot amount after fees, taxes, and penalties.

So before tax you're looking at 550,000 per year for the next 20 years.. So even after tax youre looking in the ball park of 300,000 a year. Which is roughly 10 times what i make in a year lol. So roughly equates to over 6 million after taxes over the 20 years. (I went ultra conservative on the tax at 40% tax rate per year)

The lump sum is roughly 5.2 millionish if the 48% rule is still the same.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I have different scenarios played out for different lotto amount wins lol.

Like right now the
Florida Lottery is 11 million jackpot.
Power Ball is 52 Million jackpot
Mega Millions is 30 Million Jackpot

I always will choose the early payouts over lump sum prize. I think of it like even if i blow all my money in a year i still have guaranteed money the next year. Or however their payments are.. not sure if monthly, weekly, quarterly, yearly etc. With a lump sum if you blow it all on bad decisions you have nothing coming next year or ever again.

So example

Florida lottery is either a 20 year payout or a reduced lump sum which is roughly equal to 48% of the jackpot amount after fees, taxes, and penalties.

So before tax you're looking at 550,000 per year for the next 20 years.. So even after tax youre looking in the ball park of 300,000 a year. Which is roughly 10 times what i make in a year lol. So roughly equates to over 6 million after taxes over the 20 years. (I went ultra conservative on the tax at 40% tax rate per year)

The lump sum is roughly 5.2 millionish if the 48% rule is still the same.

taxes will always go up and the value of the dollar will always go down over time. i'll take lump sum and put into a trust that pays me annually and grows what money i do get.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
taxes will always go up and the value of the dollar will always go down over time. i'll take lump sum and put into a trust that pays me annually and grows what money i do get.

Yeah its a tough decision. Not to be taken lightly

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

This. Lump sum is always the right decision unless you're MC Hammer with your money.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie