GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
How many guys on here are using a 4 bar sensor?

If you do use one, who was your tuner or did you tune it yourself?

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Noticed some “fuel cut” issues, funky idle, and random hesitation.

I found and fixed the issue. It happened to be the pressure sensor on the HPFP.

QUICK BACKGROUND:

I installed a aftermarket intake manifold and forgot to switch the pressure sensor and the drain valve located on the HPFP for clearance. I damaged the plastic connector on the pressure sensor (no biggie it still worked) so I took the sensor off of my OEM pump that I had laying around and installed that.

Thats when the issues started happening. I thought it was from the intake manifold install but no. I swapped the sensor just to see if it would make a difference and all the issues were eliminated. Swapped it back and they came back.

I have been speaking with HPA as we were trying to troubleshoot the issue but low and behold it wasn’t the manifold.

Now, my questions.....

I have the APR HPFP and it came with the sensor to the left in the photo. My OEM is the sensor on the right. Theres obviously a difference with the orifice so I’d like to know:

1: which is the latest and greatest sensor from VW after the TSB?

2: the one on the right thats larger obviously didnt work so where can I purchase the one on the left? ( the connector broke and cannot read MFG P/N)

3: which sensors are you guys running?

Lastly, if its worth anything my pump has the numbers 7 2 on the housing.

Kind thanks everyone.

PS: Should I open this in a new thread? I know everyone is active in here with their builds and would probably be more familiar with what I’m talking about. I will open a new thread now just in case..

Probably wouldnt be a bad idea to start a new thread for diag on your car since this one is specifically TSI big turbo.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
If anyone is interested..

Gtx3071r on stock fueling with Wm turned off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Who is your tuner?

I believe he is with sneekytuned

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
So someone in one of the facebook groups posted a compressor map comparing the BW S257SX-E to a G25-660 saying it'll make more power and with the twin scroll housing will spool up around the same time, if not earlier than the 660. Anyone have any experience with these turbos? I was thinking either the .83ar T4 divided or the .75ar T3 divided, but don't know enough about AR and T3 vs T4 to make a well informed decision.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

93serprise

Ready to race!
actually i switched over to stratified. that Vdyno is with a Strat file.

Are you using stock rods as well as stock fueling with your GTX3071r ?