GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apparently my neighbors don't like VW's. . .

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking that a comparison between the Ford interior and the VW interior would solve everything. #SuperiorInterior

Oh geeze, you just reminded me of the horrid plastic and huge gaps in my 2006 Mustang GT interior. I was able to run and hide a 4 gauge power wire from the battery to the trunk without pulling a single interior panel! Let that sink in for a while.[emoji23]

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
On Autoblog, they mentioned was that the Focus will be leaving America and being built in Mexico soon: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/11/09/ford-ranger-bronco-production-michigan/

Leaving just the Mustang and the (new) Continental as the only American built Ford cars.

Yea these MURICANS who think they should get in your private car owning life ought to get a clue. Ford is about as American as any other major Corporation. They arent. They are world-wide profit machines. Sickening to see them waiving the flag about their origin as they offshore more jobs. Ridiculous.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Oh geeze, you just reminded me of the horrid plastic and huge gaps in my 2006 Mustang GT interior. I was able to run and hide a 4 gauge power wire from the battery to the trunk without pulling a single interior panel! Let that sink in for a while.[emoji23]

That's just called moddability, man. :D

blue_mkvi_gti

Ready to race!
Oh geeze, you just reminded me of the horrid plastic and huge gaps in my 2006 Mustang GT interior. I was able to run and hide a 4 gauge power wire from the battery to the trunk without pulling a single interior panel! Let that sink in for a while.

Oh the joy of installing a sound system in an American car. A long time ago I had an s10 and a cherokee, so easy to put a bumping system in. When I got my first vw I was interested so I look up directions for replacing the speakers. Step 1: drill out rivets holding speakers to door.... oooook I guess I'll be leaving it stock, Germans don't mess around.

JT641

Banned
I've lived here for just over 2 years now, with no issues.

Came home to this envelope in front of my garage door this morning...

Untitled by Dan W, on Flickr

Untitled by Dan W, on Flickr

I Was headed back home made a left turn on to this street where I passed some really old guy in a mustang that called me a Nazi as I drove past him and then fled like his life depended on it when I turned around to catch him and ask him why:iono: and this in a very liberal county in CA:confused: and to those of you saying it's a republican thing clearly don't know what you're talking about because I'm a republican that loves German Cars. Anyone can be a bigot whether they're liberal or conservative, black white, Japanese or Persian makes no differences ignorance doesn't discriminate

Last edited:

mlody91

Ready to race!
Ohh wow.....did the neighbors with the mini get a similar letter?

"I bet you think you're all 'posh' with your cute little mini and you probably call freedom fries 'chips'. You disgust me. #Trump2016"

Sincerely,

Your ignorant pseudo-patriot neighbor

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Oh the joy of installing a sound system in an American car. A long time ago I had an s10 and a cherokee, so easy to put a bumping system in. When I got my first vw I was interested so I look up directions for replacing the speakers. Step 1: drill out rivets holding speakers to door.... oooook I guess I'll be leaving it stock, Germans don't mess around.

Took me 17 hours in my GTI a few weeks ago to replace all 4 speakers and add a powered box in the rear! Granted, this was the first time and there was a learning curve on the molex connectors and such.

On topic, I'm surprised at how much of a douchebag your neighbor is. I live in the south and there are multiple VWs on our street. And I don't think I've ever heard a negative comment from anyone. Then again, I haven't taken it into white trash land yet...

zrickety

The Fixer
This mentality doesn't surprise me, but it was clearly a group of Ford guys at work. I know people have these opinions, but to spend the time on this and put it on your car...
I'm all for freedom of speech, but people are too quick to push their beliefs on others these days.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
should buy a curbed one and use it as a hose rack out front.

zrickety

The Fixer
I have a denver you could use, I'll donate to the cause!