GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diluted's Build Thread

Diluted

Ready to race!
Not sure why I never bothered to do one of these. Guess there's no better time than the present!

This is my second (though could be counted as first) VW. The first was a 2011 Jetta that I only kept for a couple of weeks (long story). This is the first car that I've modded. This is my daily driver and kid hauler so things tend to move pretty slow mod wise.

-Chris

Engine
Unitronic Stage 2
Unitronic Cold Air Intake
Unitronic Turboback Exhaust
Neuspeed FMIC (not installed)
Neuspeed HI-FLO Charge Pipe (not installed)
AWE S3 TOP (not installed)
R8 Coilpacks
NGK PFR7S8EG Spark Plugs
GFB DV+
Soundaktor Delete

Transmission
HSTuning RSR Clutch

Suspension
ST Coilovers
TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Subframe Collar Kit (not installed)

Wheels/Tires
OEM Detroits
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3

Exterior
OEM Tinted LED Tails w/ Rear Fog
OEM Front Lip
5% Lamin-X - Covers Rear Reflectors and Front Amber Lights
Nokya Hyper Yellow Fog Bulbs
18% Tint

Interior
deAutoKey Red LED Footwells
Hyper White LED's
OEM Euroswitch
ProClip Phone Mount

VAG-COM
Windows Up/Down w/ Remote
Gauge Sweep
DRL On/Off in MFD
Tear Drop Wiper
Tail Light Coding

Last edited:

Gino

Ready to race!
This car just pops. Is this some sort of Photoshop or does the car naturally look this awesome :)

Diluted

Ready to race!
Nice car, Solid upgrades done so far. Looking forward to seeing updates.

Thank you sir! :thumbup:

Nice car, makes me second guess going CW

Thanks! I love a nice white car though. I sometimes wish mine was white.

This car just pops. Is this some sort of Photoshop or does the car naturally look this awesome :)
Thanks!

I didn't do much in the way of touching the car in this picture. I went out right after I washed it so it was fresh. IIRC correctly I darkened the road and stuff on the one with the trees but I didn't really touch the car itself.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Looks great! I love the stance. You're making me regret not getting tinted tails too haha.

I am curious what happened with that Jetta...

Diluted

Ready to race!
Looks great! I love the stance. You're making me regret not getting tinted tails too haha.

I am curious what happened with that Jetta...

Thanks!

I wanted a manual, was told that they didn't come in manual. Find out later that the most certainly do come in manual. Was my own fault as well for not doing better research and being jaded at the fact that I was going to get a new car. I brought it up with VWoA and they helped me out with some dealer $ to cover some of the hit. Coming on the forums certainly didn't help, seeing all these sweet GTI's. So that's how I ended up in the GTI, which will be paid off in November.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
sub'd, great looking car, look forward to future upgrades. How do you like your coilovers?

Diluted

Ready to race!
sub'd, great looking car, look forward to future upgrades. How do you like your coilovers?

Thanks! I have a few things I'm wishing for, not sure when I'll be able to pull the trigger lol.

The coils aren't too bad. I've had them on since about 6k miles maybe, currently at 63500. I find them to be a little rough when not on even road, I clench when hitting most bumps lol. Maybe if I raised them up a bit I'd overcome this and add some softness back in there. I really enjoy the stance though! I think the car corners nicely but I don't really have anything else to compare to.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
VERY good looking GTI! Looks like you already have a great list of mods as well. Whats in store for the future?

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Thanks!

I wanted a manual, was told that they didn't come in manual. Find out later that the most certainly do come in manual. Was my own fault as well for not doing better research and being jaded at the fact that I was going to get a new car. I brought it up with VWoA and they helped me out with some dealer $ to cover some of the hit. Coming on the forums certainly didn't help, seeing all these sweet GTI's. So that's how I ended up in the GTI, which will be paid off in November.

Pretty crappy that the dealer told you Jettas didn't come in manual, though it was nice of VWoA to help you out. I think you got the better end of the deal given that you ended up in a GTI!

Diluted

Ready to race!
VERY good looking GTI! Looks like you already have a great list of mods as well. Whats in store for the future?

Thanks! I'd like to add Dieselgeek Sigma 6 SS, TyrolSport Rear Deadset kit, the 034 Street Engine/Trans Mounts to start. New brakes should probably be in there somewhere. I need to keep it somewhat comfortable for the kiddos.

I really need to go get the newest timing chain tensioner put in before mine blows up lol.

Pretty crappy that the dealer told you Jettas didn't come in manual, though it was nice of VWoA to help you out. I think you got the better end of the deal given that you ended up in a GTI!

Yeah it was a lot of back and forth and arguing with the dealer. I ended up going to a different dealer to get the GTI, and I've loved it ever since.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Thanks! I'd like to add Dieselgeek Sigma 6 SS, TyrolSport Rear Deadset kit, the 034 Street Engine/Trans Mounts to start. New brakes should probably be in there somewhere. I need to keep it somewhat comfortable for the kiddos.

I really need to go get the newest timing chain tensioner put in before mine blows up lol.

Yeah it was a lot of back and forth and arguing with the dealer. I ended up going to a different dealer to get the GTI, and I've loved it ever since.
I hear ya on the timing chain, I need to do that as well. The braking power on these cars isn't terrible if you have the right pads and fluid, maybe check out Hawk HPS pads, they're what I'm running on the rears of mine. They dust up a bit, but are relatively quiet and offer better braking if you're tracking/autocrossing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Diluted

Ready to race!
I hear ya on the timing chain, I need to do that as well. The braking power on these cars isn't terrible if you have the right pads and fluid, maybe check out Hawk HPS pads, they're what I'm running on the rears of mine. They dust up a bit, but are relatively quiet and offer better braking if you're tracking/autocrossing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks for the recommendation. I'm not doing any sort of tracking/autocross so no worries there.

HeloHarmonics

Ready to race!
You know how to take a good photo! Car is perfectly stanced for aesthetics, imo. How has the clearance affected driveability? This is the only thing holding me back from going low.