GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diluted's Build Thread

Diluted

Ready to race!
You know how to take a good photo! Car is perfectly stanced for aesthetics, imo. How has the clearance affected driveability? This is the only thing holding me back from going low.

Thanks! I need to get it clean again and take some pics with the new exhaust.

It hasn't been too bad. Just have to remember when you park that the nose and or exhaust will hit if you get to close. In general speed bumps haven't been a problem, there's a few that catch the the little plastic underbody fins. And I've found that major dips in the road at speed will bottom the shocks out and that feels none to pleasant lol. You'll definitely feel bumps quite a bit more than the stock suspension. If I were to do it again I'd spend the extra money and get something with adjustable damping.

Diluted

Ready to race!
Y no track or autocross? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh trust me i'd love to try it. I'm not sure where there's any places near me to do it. Time is also a big factor, with a 4 and a 1 year old most of my time goes to them. Plus it's my only car so if stuff breaks I'm SOL.

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Ripped these from FB.

Love it! Nice photography skills. Did you edit much? Black cars sure come out nice in pictures compared to white cars.

Diluted

Ready to race!
Love it! Nice photography skills. Did you edit much? Black cars sure come out nice in pictures compared to white cars.

Thanks! Not really. Just basic adjustments in Lightroom. I don't really go in to Photoshop these days.

Diluted

Ready to race!
It hasn't been too bad. Just have to remember when you park that the nose and or exhaust will hit if you get to close. In general speed bumps haven't been a problem, there's a few that catch the the little plastic underbody fins. And I've found that major dips in the road at speed will bottom the shocks out and that feels none to pleasant lol. You'll definitely feel bumps quite a bit more than the stock suspension. If I were to do it again I'd spend the extra money and get something with adjustable damping.

I forgot to add in there that I have them spun all the way down in the rear and pretty much the same in the front.

Diluted

Ready to race!
The damn mod bug has bit me big time. Having a hard time not charging all the things lol.

Things calling my name...
Neuspeed FMIC
Neuspeed RSe52 (Bronze) w/Tires
034 Engine/Trans Mounts
034 Catch Can (for some reason, looks maybe?)
Unitronic DV Relocate
Dieselgeek Sigma 6
Raceseng Slammer 6
TyrolSport Rear Hatch Brace (probably just stage 1 for now)
TyrolSport Shifter Bushings
TyrolSport Rear Deadset
Analog Boost Gauge and Tap (pod mount preferred)

I'm hopeful that TyrolSport will be doing another group buy soon so I could order most of their stuff for a little cheaper. The catch can like I stated I think I like just because it looks cool. I should probably cross it off the list.

I do need to get my timing chain tensioner replaced, so that should be up there as #1 since none of this other stuff will do me any good with a blown engine.

stayfitty

Ready to race!
I'm having the same struggle. Especially tyrolsport bushings and neuspeed rims. I like your build, real clean.

Diluted

Ready to race!
I'm having the same struggle. Especially tyrolsport bushings and neuspeed rims. I like your build, real clean.

Thank you! Much appreciated! Tough decisions!

Diluted

Ready to race!
AWE S3 TOP and Neuspeed Charge Pipe ordered.