GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm done with ECS

Jaber

Modero
Just ordered stuff for oil change. Says it will ship today. Lets see what happens.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Once an order says "Shipped" it means a label has been created, your order has been packaged, and it is awaiting pick up from the designated shipping carrier.

Depending on which shipping carrier is used the trucks sometimes only come a few times a day. So there could be a chance that, depending on when your order was placed, even if it says "shipped" it may miss the truck. We really have no control over when shipping carriers arrive and depart. Once they are loaded and unloaded the rest is on them. They are supposed to be here at designated times but things can happen. If it does miss a truck or one never shows up, or there isn't room, it will stay at our facility and be loaded on the next available truck from the shipping supplier.

Jason

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
honestly I don't care what day my stuff ships as long as it comes in a timely manner (5 business days?). I placed an order last Sunday night and it came on Wednesday. I'm cool with that. Looks like it was picked up Monday afternoon by fed ex per the tracking info. I've only placed a handful of orders and everything has so far been okay. I placed an order a few months ago though (oil change stuff) and although the tracking number said delivered, the box did not arrive. Two days later the box showed up and it was already opened. I'm not sure if it was because not enough tape used or if someone at the post office needed to open it but all the items I ordered were there and in their bags/boxes so I just shrugged it off.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I think a lot of headaches could be saved if they used a more reliable system for saying when an item will be shipped.

I ordered something on saturday and their website told me the expected shipping date was June 11. Of course it didn't ship out on a sunday, so now it says my expected shipping date is today.

I bet it won't be shipped out today though. I'd bet tomorrow they make a label for it and on wednesday it finally gets picked up. Meaning I probably won't receive the part I wanted to receive this week until next week. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and it'll say expected ship date: June 13.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I think a lot of headaches could be saved if they used a more reliable system for saying when an item will be shipped.

I ordered something on saturday and their website told me the expected shipping date was June 11. Of course it didn't ship out on a sunday, so now it says my expected shipping date is today.

I bet it won't be shipped out today though. I'd bet tomorrow they make a label for it and on wednesday it finally gets picked up. Meaning I probably won't receive the part I wanted to receive this week until next week. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and it'll say expected ship date: June 13.

I agree, creating the label is not the same as the ship date. It seems to be the same for them though... The label gets created and item actually ships days later. Pretty annoying.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
The website just provides an estimate. Most of the time it's correct or very close but you should always refer to the date posted in the confirmation e-mail.

It also depends on which shipping option you choose. If you choose economy it's a 5-7 day shipping option. Ground is normally 1-4 business days.

We also have expedited options which cost more but if you need something in a hurry are the best ways to guarantee delivery in a short time period.

Marco'sGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
My shipping has usually been pretty accurate. They might not ship the fastest like Amazon Prime can, but I know if I order by Monday, it will come in on Saturday. And I always spend enough to get free shipping, which makes it nice. So I don't have any complaints with ECS so far since their prices are almost always the lowest and they carry so many products.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I don't have a date displayed on my email anywhere.

I'm not really worried about it. It's just that I order from so many places and even with bottomline shipping I rarely see anything take more than the next day to be shipped out. I have no problem at all with how long it takes an item to arrive once it's shipped. My issue is simply how long items sit before they finally get shipped.

Items that are in stock should be shipped out the same day if possible, and if not it should be the next day at the latest. That's just the way it should be.

If I ordered an item on the weekend I would expect it to be shipped out today no matter where I ordered it from and 99% of the time it happens that way.

Maybe I'll have to put my foot in my mouth later and I'll have an email saying it was shipped today, but experience tells me not to count on it.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
The website just provides an estimate. Most of the time it's correct or very close but you should always refer to the date posted in the confirmation e-mail.

It also depends on which shipping option you choose. If you choose economy it's a 5-7 day shipping option. Ground is normally 1-4 business days.

We also have expedited options which cost more but if you need something in a hurry are the best ways to guarantee delivery in a short time period.

If it sits for 2-3 days or more after the order when it could be shipped, that's pretty lame. It shouldn't matter what shipping options you have. Don't pitch that. I didn't think moving yourself to the label machine was included in priority shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Maybe I'll have to put my foot in my mouth later and I'll have an email saying it was shipped today, but experience tells me not to count on it.

Just here to put my foot in my mouth now I guess. I got a tracking number at least, so I spoke way too soon, or I helped to light a fire under someones ass. Hopefully I don't have the same issue other people have been mentioning now that it's "shipped".

Really though, like I was saying earlier how quickly an item gets shipped out has seemed to be one of their biggest faults and I only posted because I think they could do better, and I want to see them do better, and it wasn't meant maliciously.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
maybe your website could clearly define what you feel "same day" means to alleviate the confusion? the label printing technicality isn't impressing anyone.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Possible this thread is making them rethink how shipping their works. It's not good upsetting your customer base.

My only experience with ECS was a good one. I'd shop there again.

kerp

Ready to race!
They pulled some bullshit with me recently. Delayed my order by a month for two bolts, which originally had a five-day estimate for restocking. Could have sent my other components and allowed me to wait or cancel the "out of stock" product, but nope. Three emails, all ignored. Had to contact them via chat and ask for a supervisor. While he did respond and sincerely apologize, I still think it's ridiculous.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Here's something interesting, so my small condenser fan stopped working i called the dealer and they wanted like $175 for a new oem fan that will most likely break again as this is my second time this happens from mk5 to mk6.

I go on ECS and see fans for like $80-90 I was like awesome I'm gonna save money! And then I remembered the "free" shipping dilema and then I go to eBay and save like another $10 on the same fan (brand and everything) and get expedited shipping for free so eBay won! Sorry ECS maybe one day lol. Don't feel like waiting a week and a half for a fan that I need quickly but not to the point of paying $50 for expedited shipping. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk