GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

msantram

Passed Driver's Ed
^ Good question. I do not see why it would not.

I have a ten piece Focal set which I am selling. I had these in my SportWagen and loved them. I do not think I want to install in the GTI. PM me if anyone is interested.

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone else have this issue with phone calls on android auto?

Just got the noname 187B with the 5516 software, and whoever I am talking to has a bad echo because I realized it is picking up the mic from multiple sources (Seems like it is from my phone itself's mic staying on plus the built in mic in the radio)

I have to manually go into my phone settings once a call starts and re-select the radio as my audio/mic source to correct it. Any ideas?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion

Just got the noname 187B with the 5516 software, and whoever I am talking to has a bad echo because I realized it is picking up the mic from multiple sources (Seems like it is from my phone itself's mic staying on plus the built in mic in the radio)

I have to manually go into my phone settings once a call starts and re-select the radio as my audio/mic source to correct it. Any ideas?

I am running 5516 as well but have not had an issue. I did have some wierdness when my factory BT was still plugged into the wiring harness.

Huacha

Since Android Auto updated last week (Pixel 3XL), randomly, the UI will freeze, but everything in the background is still working... Pandora still plays, and Waze still gives directions, but the screen is frozen. The rest of the radio works, switching media or going to radio. Going BACK to Apps results in a black screen. The only way to get it to work again is to reboot the headunit. Unplugging and plugging the phone back in doesn't fix the issue since it won't reconnect. Nothing has changed on the headunit side, so I'm guessing it is the phone side.

Anybody have the same issue? I've tried clearing the cache on AA, Pandora, and Waze as well as factory reset of the phone, none of which has worked. I'm guessing it is related to the AA update last week.

Thanks for any insight!

Radom

Does anyone on this forum know if cars with the new quadlock connector have a compatible camera?

I have a 2016 Tiguan S that came with the Composition Color radio, but I am wondering since it already has the MQB style quadlock connector, shouldn't the camera be compatible with these RCD330s (since they are basically mib2 units with the old quadlock socket).

The little info that I have managed to gain is that the radio is looking for an NTSC CVBS/RCA signal. That should be fine and dandy in the USA, unless VW is using PAL cameras here. Then again it is VW, so who knows what they are using.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion

I know this is a couple of months old but since I didn't see a response or a fix I thought I would add one for anyone else having this issue. I was having the same issue and after research found the answer, and fix, on another site. Apparently, this is common and the issue is the order in which the phone connects. Basically, you have to make sure the phone connects via Bluetooth before you plug it into the stereo. I was getting in the car and plugging in the phone before starting the car. Once I made the adjustment to start the car and wait a second for the phone to connect before plugging it in. I have not had the echo issue again.

torga

Autocross Champion
I know this is a couple of months old but since I didn't see a response or a fix I thought I would add one for anyone else having this issue. I was having the same issue and after research found the answer, and fix, on another site. Apparently, this is common and the issue is the order in which the phone connects. Basically, you have to make sure the phone connects via Bluetooth before you plug it into the stereo. I was getting in the car and plugging in the phone before starting the car. Once I made the adjustment to start the car and wait a second for the phone to connect before plugging it in. I have not had the echo issue again.

I think this is because the car and the RCD330 have separate BT modules. My phone still tries to connect to the car after it's done connecting to the radio. I just removed the car from my phone's known connections so it never accidentally connects to the car.

BroMoney

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking to upgrade my 187B Noname. Can someone PM me a link to FW 5515/5516? Thank you!!!

Huacha

Since Android Auto updated last week (Pixel 3XL), randomly, the UI will freeze, but everything in the background is still working... Pandora still plays, and Waze still gives directions, but the screen is frozen. The rest of the radio works, switching media or going to radio. Going BACK to Apps results in a black screen. The only way to get it to work again is to reboot the headunit. Unplugging and plugging the phone back in doesn't fix the issue since it won't reconnect. Nothing has changed on the headunit side, so I'm guessing it is the phone side.

Anybody have the same issue? I've tried clearing the cache on AA, Pandora, and Waze as well as factory reset of the phone, none of which has worked. I'm guessing it is related to the AA update last week.

Thanks for any insight!

Just to close the loop for anybody who stumbles upon this problem. Thanks to new member brocski, updating to firmware 5516 solved the issue for the both of us. My phone is a Pixel 3XL and his is a Pixel 3.