GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This forum is almost dead

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
2013 two door GTI with a DSG. It's OK I have a doctors note giving me permission.

Bought it CPO in 2015 with 21,000 on the clock, now at 43,000. Been a great car so far.

Not a fan of stick & ball sports. Motorsport heck yes!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
2 door manuals made in Germany club?? Oh yeah sign me up
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bummer no more 2 doors, 4 doors dont look as "sporty"
I have no interest in football or futbol or any team sports for that matter. I'd rather watch a skateboard pool or vert contest.
I can relate to this , especially when someone rips a gnarly trick in the shallow end around stairs
2013 two door GTI with a DSG. It's OK I have a doctors note giving me permission.

Bought it CPO in 2015 with 21,000 on the clock, now at 43,000. Been a great car so far.

Nothing wrong with driving dsg, it has a manual mode too

@craig look a fellow ohioan ^

Hockey is pretty awesome though lets be honest. I love motorsports, every sunday yeah

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

o wow. where in ohio are you?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Anybody in the path of this hurricane?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The wind doesn't look bad, but I was watching a live stream as the surge was starting to come in. Homes are already starting to be damaged by it. They expect about 30 inches of rain too, so flooding is the gonna be the real issue.

Last edited:

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
2012 + 93000

pdan

Ready to race!
Looking at winter beaters for a daily. Hoping to go take a look at a 92 Ford Ranger 4.0 on Thursday or Friday. 5spd with a busted speedo and a “small” oil leak for $1200. Can’t imagine the speedo would be to hard to fix, new cluster or look through wiring. Looking into know issues, anyone have anything to watch out for?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
2011 with 68,9xx miles about that time for another service here soon.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
And how many of you have carbon cleaned?

Haven't done it myself, but I've had it done. My intake manifold went out I think around 55k so I had them do the carbon cleaning at the same time. It was probably a little early, but as long as the manifold doesn't fail again it'll probably be the only cleaning that happens while I own the car. I didn't notice any kind of a difference after the cleaning.

pdan

Ready to race!
And how many of you have carbon cleaned?

Haven’t had it done yet, was probably going to wait until I hit 60 or 70k to do it. Unless I develop problems beforehand.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've had this damn clunk for so long now, but I think it's getting worse. I've replaced the upper strut mounts, and the endlinks with some from whiteline but one of them is already seized so it might be the endlink making the clunk still, and I've had subframe locking collars installed.

The sound is coming from the upper strut mount area, or so it seems like it while inside the car, so I thought for sure new upper strut mounts would do it.

I'm gonna wait a month or 2 for the weather to get better, but I'm just gonna replace all the control arm bushings. New forward and rear bushings and a new balljoint, and new endlinks too. If it's still clunking after all that it's gotta be the axle, I doubt it's a wheel bearing, or its my actual strut like my mechanic seems to think. The bushings are pretty easy to swap out though so I'll start there.