GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Franco516 build

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Lol sounds like sneeky has more learning to do then. Thanks for the feedback! It was between strat and sneeky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you're sticking with your k03/k04 then you should use him for that, looks like hes got great results for stock turbos.

Last edited:

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Wow quite frustrating. Glad you got things sorted out with Stratified. Am I correct in understanding that you're still on stock fuel system + W/M? And that the first revision of your Stratified tune made 357whp on stock fueling without W/M?

That is exactly right. Made 357 on a "base file" with no meth without ever sending Alex a single log before.. the dude just has alot more experience and probably has tuned very similar set-up cars like mine in the past.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
That is exactly right. Made 357 on a "base file" with no meth without ever sending Alex a single log before.. the dude just has alot more experience and probably has tuned very similar set-up cars like mine in the past.
Very impressive.

The reason I asked is because Jared at Stratified is telling me I'm running out of fueling on K04 @ 300hp. Doesn't make sense if you can make 357 on stock fuel system.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Very impressive.

The reason I asked is because Jared at Stratified is telling me I'm running out of fueling on K04 @ 300hp. Doesn't make sense if you can make 357 on stock fuel system.

well your comparing a lil k04 to a big turbo than can flow much more air there for making more power with the stock fueling system. dont quote me on that lol but yeah 300 sounds right on a k04, atleast thats what i made when i had it.

Last edited:

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Thats so strange.. I had the exact same scenario but with Stratified haha...that's why I ended up going back to APR. Maybe if I get another accessport I can ask if I have to buy another protune or if he'll just retune me. I think methanol is in my near future anyway.

Glad the car is back to rippin!

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Very impressive.

You will if you are requesting high boost

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Thats so strange.. I had the exact same scenario but with Stratified haha...that's why I ended up going back to APR. Maybe if I get another accessport I can ask if I have to buy another protune or if he'll just retune me. I think methanol is in my near future anyway.

Glad the car is back to rippin!

weird man.. idk haha. I think you should, start fresh and run meth as well.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Meth files are coming along well. Aiming for 420-430whp and stopping there. This latest file deff feels like 400whp, its a different animal this car. 2nd gear is totally useless, 3rd and 4th are wild.

Once all done I will take it to a real dynojet here on Long Island and see how accurate VD really is. I really wanna see real results.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Is anyone going to OCMD on the end of this month? Ill be there, hmu if you plan on going. [emoji119]

Pics from yesterday evening with NYC in the distance. [emoji913]

Fun fact: the owner of Arizona ice tea lives in the house behind the wall in this pic. Castle.

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car is looking great and that virtual dyno looks even better!!

Didn’t H2O get moved to Atlantic City?

torga

Autocross Champion
Those are some nice sideskirts. Are those just the Golf R skirts?
Thanks torga. They arent,no. Ive actually never seen anyone else with them, its these:

Did you actually pay $600 for these? I love the skirts - much better than the standard Golf R set - but I dunno if I $600 love them

torga

Autocross Champion
Actually, after some frantic research, I found these replicas and I'm 99% sure they're replicas of your OEMs.

How did you install yours?

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Actually, after some frantic research, I found these replicas and I'm 99% sure they're replicas of your OEMs.

How did you install yours?
I'm also interested. I always see replica side skirts at attractive prices but wonder what install entails -- attachment method and if additional pieces are necessary to install them.

No way am I installing side skirts solely with self tapping screws and double sided tape.