GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where can I buy g12 coolant?

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Are there any places besides the VW dealership that carry g12 coolant?
I've been looking at multiple autostores and most coolants dont even have a G rating.

Nor do they show the color of the liquid.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Running low on coolant since my turbo swap.

Thanks!

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Are there any places besides the VW dealership that carry g12 coolant?

I've been looking at multiple autostores and most coolants dont even have a G rating.

Nor do they show the color of the liquid.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Running low on coolant since my turbo swap.

Thanks!
I have this. Haven't used it yet but it is g12 https://www.amazon.com/CRP-Automotive-Pentofrost-Silicates-Violet/dp/B00SFD44E2?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
G12 is the old stuff. G13 is the new stuff, and there's G12+ too. They're all compatible with each other.

ben_m

Ready to race!
Hit up a local dealership, they'll have it in stock. I paid $30 for a giant jug when my pump started failing again and before I could get insurance to replace it.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I bought a gallon of Zerex Pink G40 at O'Reilly Auto Parts. It says that it's compatible with our cars.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Any recommendations (part stores) on when I can pick g13 stuff up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you absolutely had to avoid the dealership, I'd probably just order it online and stop at walmart to get some distilled water. Add a little bit of distilled water if you need to until the coolant shows up.

G013A8J1G is the part number for oem g13.

zrickety

The Fixer
I've been running the Peak Long Life...it's compatible and available everywhere.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
If you absolutely had to avoid the dealership, I'd probably just order it online and stop at walmart to get some distilled water. Add a little bit of distilled water if you need to until the coolant shows up.

G013A8J1G is the part number for oem g13.

Thanks for the Model #. I tried picking up from the amazon link smanierre posted but it did not want to send it to a residential area.

I've been running the Peak Long Life...it's compatible and available everywhere.

How long have you been running this? That is a hella of a lot easier to find.

zrickety

The Fixer

Purerock Racing

so I bought some Zerex G40 the other day from NAPA Auto, and without noticing it's not the "ready to use" 50/50 mix, but I ended up with the concentrate (my bad). So it is safe to mix 50/50 with distilled water? The bottle says nothing at all about mixing it.

torga

Autocross Champion
so I bought some Zerex G40 the other day from NAPA Auto, and without noticing it's not the "ready to use" 50/50 mix, but I ended up with the concentrate (my bad). So it is safe to mix 50/50 with distilled water? The bottle says nothing at all about mixing it.
50/50 is perfectly fine, just make sure it's distilled water.