GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project Phoenix the rebirth of the dead GTI begins

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
I bought this 2011 autobahn GTI for 1000 sight unseen with bent valves this summer. Now that I've got other projects done it's time to open her up and find out if I've got a rough diamond or a polished turd only good for parts. Let the journey begin!

20191110_162244.jpg

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I just got my 2013 w/o bent valves and it cost quite a bit more! Planning to just fix it, or any upgrades if it's not too bad?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Love resurrection threads!!! $1000 is a heck of a price for just having bent valves or does it have other problems as well?

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Love resurrection threads!!! $1000 is a heck of a price for just having bent valves or does it have other problems as well?
I was told only bent valves and it sounds like that's the problem when I spin it over. I'll know more once the head is off.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Can't wait to see how it turns out! She doesn't look bad, in pretty good shape actually...

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Man, what a project you have there!

Aside from the engine work needed, she looks to be in decent shape for being 10 years old.

How's the interior??

torga

Autocross Champion
Hell yeah! What a great deal. Can't wait to see more progress.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Man, what a project you have there!

Aside from the engine work needed, she looks to be in decent shape for being 10 years old.

How's the interior??
Interior is in perfect condition. Car has 130ishk miles with all the usual autobahn options. DSG transmission of course.

I'll dig into it hard this week after work, cold weather is rolling in so I won't be doing anything else after work.

zrickety

The Fixer
From Alabama? I was looking to buy this car but already had another project. I hope you get it going!!

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
From Alabama? I was looking to buy this car but already had another project. I hope you get it going!!

Yep its the Alabama car. Wife has already latched onto it but she may get mine if I decide to install the K04 on this one. Just depends on which way I go with it.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Finally got started today on taking things apart. Pulled the intake and got a clear look inside the engine. All the intake valves are bent and hung open.

Next step will be to pull the exhaust manifold and cylinder head to start repairs.

Attachments

• 20191123_190356.jpg
    20191123_190356.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 90
  • 20191123_190347.jpg
    20191123_190347.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 107