GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crackle Tune..?

jay_97

Hey Lads,

Just gonna get into it. I’ve got a 2010 Mk6 Gti Manual and have a stage 2 tune already.
I’m happy with the tune but can I also get a crackle/pop tune on top?
And is there a way to engage/disengage the crackle tune?
I’ve asked my last tuner if that’s an option and he just keeps palming me off. I think he’s more into performance enhancing tunes

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You failed to mention which stage 2 tune you have and/or who the tuner is?
Either way, it has to be available for them to add it

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I've only seen it advertised with Stratified... That being said some tuners probably just don't believe in doing that. Like a "ghost cam" in a mustang or something lol. It can be done but it's not really supposed to run like that.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I think Stratified is the only tuner doing crackle tunes. Your tuner might not know how to add it and unless they have access to the software I'm sure they can.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Not just stratified. If your tuned through cobb, then either stratified and sneeky tuned can provide crackle tune. Other than that the only other tuning companies that do crackle tune is Integrated engineering and I believe 034 motorsport.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Ive had both stratified and sneeky crackle tunes. Stratifieds only goes off after 3k RPM which is great since u can control it, sneekys is straight junk, happening at any RPM waking up your neighbors driving your car at 5mph leaving your block.

jay_97

Is there another way instead of access port to activate tunes?
Has anyone made an interface in the car ecu to turn On/Off tunes?

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
activate tunes? Am confused as what you're trying to do...keep the file you have in your ECU right now but somehow activate the crackles? its not possible. you need a new file/map/tune whatever you want to call it.

The only other way to get crackles from your file is to install a meth kit and run rich.

jay_97

L
activate tunes? Am confused as what you're trying to do...keep the file you have in your ECU right now but somehow activate the crackles? its not possible. you need a new file/map/tune whatever you want to call it.

The only other way to get crackles from your file is to install a meth kit and run rich.

Let’s just say I can get a crackle tune/map is there a way to switch between crackle tune and no crackle tune..?
Does another tuner have this accessibility without a COBB accessport?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Let’s just say I can get a crackle tune/map is there a way to switch between crackle tune and no crackle tune..?
Does another tuner have this accessibility without a COBB accessport?

Yea you would have to flash the other tune file. Unlesss...... you have a Cummins :LOL: They have some ecu's that hold multiple tunes, then a switch that you can use to change it on the fly.

Can't you just use the launch control to make these noises? I mean if you want it to sound like ass when you're decelerating you could just remove all the mufflers. Or put an electric cut out on it

GIAC has a handheld flash loader that's supposed to switch between tunes easily but I don't see any rice krispies tunes online.

Last edited:

jay_97

Okay cool, we’ll thats good to know at least ??
Haha I wish I have a 6 speed manual so not sport mode... unless I just floor it lol
Definitely don’t want to get rid of muffler ?
I might have to look into the Cobb accessport then.. ??‍♂️