GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Phur

Autocross Champion
I'm going to have bare minimum the center piece that is black on the ED35's sprayed black. I am thinking about whether or not to pursue having the grille, fog light surround and rear diffuser painted to match.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Womp womp. I got an email that my ProKit order was cancelled due to a "technical reason." Now the price is $40 higher L O L
Like they "technically" wanted 40 more of your $? I'm sorry, man. That sucks. Try calling them?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Like they "technically" wanted 40 more of your $? I'm sorry, man. That sucks. Try calling them?

I assume they just made a mistake, maybe they weren't allowed to even sell it that low. I didn't plan on installing them right away so not really upset about it.

Edy.Ct

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to have bare minimum the center piece that is black on the ED35's sprayed black. I am thinking about whether or not to pursue having the grille, fog light surround and rear diffuser painted to match.
You can see here how it is. Paint is f*cked up from stones tho, but for the main idea.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Thank you! That helps a ton! So it has no texture at all. The grill and fog light surrounds look fine with the gloss black center section. I was a bit worried about that. I may still have the rear diffuser painted to match the gloss black front though. They will already be painting my center section that color.

Phur

Autocross Champion
My oil extractor and skid plate were just delivered. The ECS skid plate is legit!!!

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
My oil extractor and skid plate were just delivered. The ECS skid plate is legit!!!
Nice. I really want their exhaust tunnel cover to clean up the under body aerodynamics. Their skid plate looks nice but I'm afraid that closing off that space could lead to overheating at the track.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Nice. I really want their exhaust tunnel cover to clean up the under body aerodynamics. Their skid plate looks nice but I'm afraid that closing off that space could lead to overheating at the track.
aluminum is a good conductor of heat. that being said, for a track car a compromise is making some ducts to route outside air into the bay from the bottom of the bay to route warm air upwards to the vents where the hood meets the windshield trim could help manage bay temps. yes i know there are other ways to cool stuff down but forced air can help.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Lemme know the result of that... i want one also

Drove the car today to work and the mount felt nice. Less wheel hop and very little vibration felt. I felt the biggest change when I added the Neuspeed insert (it was awful for a few days then settled down). I do have this very annoying rattle now that I need to investigate. It almost sounds like the hood is rattling and is only heard at idle. Will check it out tonight.

Installed Rennline phone mount last night. It is in the perfect position and doesn't block any vents.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Ooooo, I really like that.