GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake Pads & Rotors recommendations?

SHABAZZ X

Passed Driver's Ed
Peace ya'll,

Got word from my mechanic that its almost time for new brake pads and also my front rotors will need replacing. I'm looking at this kit from shopdap: MK6 Golf R Performance Front Brake Kit

Anyone ever used EBC Red Stuff Pads? Got any recommendations for better kits in a similar price range? my budget is $400-$700 and I'm looking for something that will do well with occasional spirited driving. Thanks in advanced (y)

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I would ask your mechanic. Never used EBC on a personal vehicle but a lot of people run them. I've used porter field r4s with great results, and a lot of track guys run GLOC. As far as rotors it really depends on if your looking at abuse or just the cool factor.

Deuces

zrickety

The Fixer
I've heard good things about EBC. I've run Hawk pads and been happy with them.
Recently Akebono ceramic with the ECS drilled/slotted rotors. Ran them hard for years, they've held up really well.

SHABAZZ X

Passed Driver's Ed
As far as rotors it really depends on if your looking at abuse or just the cool factor.

Well, of course i want better stopping power. but my main concern is the weather where I live gets really cold (sub zero in the coldest months). I want a setup that's going to do well with the extreme cold.

jtmu6982

Passed Driver's Ed
I currently have StopTech rotors (cross drilled and slotted) and Hawk pads and love them. I'll recommend them to anyone.