GOLFMKV

Offical Making Big Power/Big Turbo Thread

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Precision Turbo gen2 5558 vband inlet/discharge $1700
Garrett GTX3076R t3 vband $1885
Comp CT2 5858 TiAL vband inlet/discharge $1450

Current options. Thoughts? Opinions?
All three are rated at 650hp and have v-band options. Leaning toward the Comp just because of the price (also heard lots of good things about comp)

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
PTE 100% imo, also if you want a crazy build go to ffe he can build you the turbokit and he is a pte dealer. Will get anything but is big with pte. Xona would be another option.

It's an awd trans so you would be coverting but you could use it in a fwd application untill you did the rear conversion

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
PTE 100% imo, also if you want a crazy build go to ffe he can build you the turbokit and he is a pte dealer. Will get anything but is big with pte. Xona would be another option.

It's an awd trans so you would be coverting but you could use it in a fwd application untill you did the rear conversion
I'm liking the gen2 pre as well. I have a buddy that wants to fab it so I should be good there I'll just need all the parts. I'll ask around and see if anyone wants to buy my dsg ?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

seanrose1976

Tuning your big turbo

Probably the most important part, besides actually having a big turbo, of your build is getting a good tune.

Tuners -

Unitronic - Has stock fueling and upgraded fueling files for most kits out there and can do custom files if need be.
APR - for STG3 and STG3+ only you have to use their kit with tune
GIAC - By custom request
Revo - By custom request - known to be working with an ATP stock location GT28
Eurodyne - Fully customizable, you will get a base tune when buying but will need to get tuning done
Driver Motorsport - Custom Tuning services
Dont forget cobb they have a ton of pro tuners. Ps.. I'm not done yet but I'm running a 91mm precision turbo and I'm unofficially at almost 600whp. But like I said not done tuning and building. I'll let you know when its official.

seanrose1976

Da phat cat is almost ready. Unofficially almost 600whp. Going for 750 to 8. Fingers crossed

Attachments

• 20191217_105326.jpg
    20191217_105326.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 295
  • 20191210_182240.jpg
    20191210_182240.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 300

seanrose1976

So much wrong in that photo sorry but it's funny. What happened to the pte 83? Love to see you you fit a turbo that big back there.
I figured it would be crickets. So tell me what's so funny. Your like the rest saying dont do that it wont work. I hate to tell you it does fit and yes it ran after deleting half the harness and half the sensors and yeah the motor might be built from top to bottom but I'll tell you what's funny everyone saying I wouldnt make it past 500hp well I did or you cant delete all that stuff the car wont run. Haha jokes on all you haters I will reach 700+hp and dont worry I'll be posting the videos of my dyno runs real soon. Drink some hateraid and embrace your foot in your mouth. Ps... yes that is a PTE-PROMOD-98-GEN2 and yes its bottom mounted and no I didnt cut and move the firewall. And yes I did 100 % of my build minus the tune at home in my one car garage... mic drop.....

Attachments

• 20191229_025416.jpg
    20191229_025416.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 217

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
I figured it would be crickets. So tell me what's so funny. Your like the rest saying dont do that it wont work. I hate to tell you it does fit and yes it ran after deleting half the harness and half the sensors and yeah the motor might be built from top to bottom but I'll tell you what's funny everyone saying I wouldnt make it past 500hp well I did or you cant delete all that stuff the car wont run. Haha jokes on all you haters I will reach 700+hp and dont worry I'll be posting the videos of my dyno runs real soon. Drink some hateraid and embrace your foot in your mouth. Ps... yes that is a PTE-PROMOD-98-GEN2 and yes its bottom mounted and no I didnt cut and move the firewall. And yes I did 100 % of my build minus the tune at home in my one car garage... mic drop.....

rev-up-that-5bbbd4.jpg

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Drink some hateraid and embrace your foot in your mouth. Ps... yes that is a PTE-PROMOD-98-GEN2 and yes its bottom mounted and no I didnt cut and move the firewall. And yes I did 100 % of my build minus the tune at home in my one car garage... mic drop.....

mounted to an atp manifold? cause that's whats in that pic with what looks like a 5858 comp housing.... with the intercooler pressurizing the catch can and maf. or so it would appear. A PTE-PROMOD-98-GEN2 would suck in the mic you think you thought you dropped.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Funny because your turbo has grown 3 times already, 83mm in the BT thread. 91 in the post above then 98 now. you said in the other thread and needed tuning help. Maybe if you put you MAF in the correct direction it would help it actually run. A 98mm turbo wont even be good on a tsi as you will need 10k rpm+ to spin it proper with a good manifold let alone an ATP. That is not a 6" inlet maybe 4" which puts you in the sub 70mm turbos, ATP manifold is t3, and not sure but doesnt even look like that is a PTE unless its an older cover the stamp looks off but could be the angle.

Also you CC return should be after the Maf, you will need a bigger IC to even floor enough air for 600hp. I don't frequent here anymore so my answers will be far between but use the threads in here for some knowledge. In your cars current state (provide you have it all up and running) is 410-460 hp, 410 max if you have oem injectors, 460 max if you have uprated injectors and an intake fuel pump. The hpfp is the limit at that point, you can go bigger hpfp there are a few ways. There is also DPI wmi or aux injection.

Its good you are doing your own work, enjoy it. Would love to see some TSI's get pushed to the limits but beyond 600-650hp is going to get tricky. Good luck with the build.

seanrose1976

Ok first of all yes your right I have changed the turbo size 3 times. I actually have 5 turbos in my box who would have known. I can send pics if you want lol. Now yes I did need tuning help wow I dont know everything... as for the 98mm it actually spools at 3800 not 10 as for the stock intake sorry you'll just have to wait for me to hit that world record to find out what I've done but I will say looks can be deceiving. the catch can isnt even hooked up the lines are just laying there. The maf is in the right direction lol. I couldnt have made a t3 to t5 adapter. And yeah it's the angle cause that is 6 inch attached a pic of the filter I use on it.yeah I'm running bigger injectors and I'm also running a meth setup on E85. Anyways that is all the info I'll give right now and just fyi I'm already past your 400 max. It's funny how yall have nothing to say about the stuff I've done that you said cant be done but you try to find new stuff to debunk. I guess the knowledge doesnt come from you guys that think you know the ins and outs you obviously dont. Yall can read about the full build when I hit the record. The sad thing is I joined these forums to get info and see what other kinds of crazy builds there are out there and ive literally found no help or knowledge. O yeah and fyi I'm running id1700 injectors....never assume anything it only makes you look like an ass

Attachments

• 15778301852683775238005805130119.jpg
    15778301852683775238005805130119.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 161