GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
You da man Jay ?Whole stud came out but she didn’t break!!!

View attachment 162272

So I’ll be going to get some replacement studs sometime this week. How do you recommend removing them? I see they make a special socket for easy removal for like $20.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00265M8N4/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
I'd personally only replace the stud that came out but that's just me. The tool you posted would probably work, if you end up snapping it that's a whole new mess.
That is pretty ? but it’s an automatic.
^ ^ ^

Dubya has been reported for posting an automatic Supra

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Popeyes is awesome , i wont go there for atleast another month or so till sandwich hype stops...long lines still.

I haven’t had Popeyes in a long time!! I don’t live close to one so it’s not my go to for fried chicken. I want to try them again though.

Goodluck sir

Thank you! So far so good. Got the old one out and will resume once I optain a stud and exhaust clamp.

I'd personally only replace the stud that came out but that's just me. The tool you posted would probably work, if you end up snapping it that's a whole new mess.

Dubya has been reported for posting an automatic Supra

Good idea! I don’t want to break any of them either. Edit: Do you use anti-seize when reinstalling? I just have regular permatex stuff.

Lol I would love to just drive one. Hell I would love to sit in one.

Last edited:

jay745

I haven’t had Popeyes in a long time!! I don’t live close to one so it’s not my go to for fried chicken. I want to try them again though.

Thank you! So far so good. Got the old one out and will resume once I optain a stud and exhaust clamp.

Good idea! I don’t want to break any of them either. Edit: Do you use anti-seize when reinstalling? I just have regular permatex stuff.

Lol I would love to just drive one. Hell I would love to sit in one.
Yes antiseize is only doing your future self a favor.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Happy New Year all. First day back in the office in 2 weeks. Would have taken these two days off but after calling out a serious underachiever before the break, she's on a rampage to virtue signal by scheduling 9a and 10a meetings on the first two days back. "See look how hard I work and how dedicated I am! I'm ready to go at 9am, why aren't you?" Sigh.

Oh wow omni knowledge bombs. Do the resale values really drop that much on pcars? Just like a vw I guess.....

It's not that they drop value THAT bad - tho the "base" models generally don't hold up like the S does. Realize a 987.2 is also two generations old now. Keep in mind that base Cayman stickered for ~$50k when brand new.

Alright so anyone gift anything good to their loved ones this year? I bought my gf a ninja foodie, shes been talking about wanting an air fryer basically all year. This thing is an air fryer, pressure cooker, 8 in one dealie, no clue how it all works yet. Decided to try it for Christmas dinner last night (Drunkenly)
We were going to bake cornish hens....yeah

Not my finest cooking moment. We didn't know what we were doing. Put a bunch of veggies and the Cornish hens on top. It turned out bad, not cooked on the under side because we smothered the under side. Definitely a learning curve with this thing but we made a nice redemption tonight with some wings, turned out crispy and delicious.

Gf spoiled me this year and bought me a Milwaukee 1/4" electric ratchet and an electric heated jacket.

Wife got a tune for her car, and a nice diamond necklace (which she got early.) Jr. got a new TV, driving lessons, a couple Xbox games, and a new phone. I got a new open-face helmet (for autocross) and a nice wood watch winder.

Always got ATT girl even though shes off the rocker if youve seen her youtube channel.

She definitely has an odd sense of humor. Cute AF tho. She also played Tara on Silicon Valley.

If i could afford a porsche gt3 rs or gt4 whatever , 100% would buy it in pdk (edit: not sure if they make them in manual?)

lolwut

GT4 and GT3 both available in manual. Buy PDK over man-pedal? Wat? #fail.

No doubt you’ve made it a better car to drive on the track, but deep down you know you could just go grab a 2005 Cayman S and put sticky tires on it and it’d be a faster car at the track and pretty much a better car in all situations other than Costco runs.

2005 Cayman? Unpossible.

It’s a manual trans for me in every situation if given the choice for a sports car. I don’t care about lap time advantages of a dual clutch automatic. I’m not competing for trophies. I care about how the car makes me feel and improving my own personal bests.

A+ 100%

Absolutely. Even in traffic I don't mind it. Both my cars are manual and I sit in over an hour each way stop and go traffic. It's not like it takes that much work to drive with 2 feet instead of one. The crowd that uses the traffic argument as to why auto is better likely also have a difficult time walking and chewing gum at the same time.

A+ 100%

I think I out-commute everybody here and I don't notice any real additional "pain" when I drive the man pedal car. And the man pedal car IS a kind of PITA because the clutch is a little on the grabby side.

I dunno about that, I think I have an overall better suspension setup than a stock cayman

Probably right. A stock Cayman feels pretty good but you can't get any real alignment on the car without putting GT3 control arms on it. They max out at like 1.0 degrees of camber.

LOL

"Arms Have Priority" is how they generally work because inevitably you get the idiot in the Prius or SUV who can't figure out what to do so they STOP and gum up the works.

Trade mk6 gti hpde build for a 2012 m3 4 door ? Thoughts?

I hear the V8s have some known issues that can be catastrophic. But I also don't pay super close attention to BMW stuff.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Popeyes is goood, id avoid them and white castle this week though :ROFLMAO:

KFC is on my nope list, undercooked chicken not once but twice.
Happy New Year all. First day back in the office in 2 weeks. Would have taken these two days off but after calling out a serious underachiever before the break, she's on a rampage to virtue signal by scheduling 9a and 10a meetings on the first two days back. "See look how hard I work and how dedicated I am! I'm ready to go at 9am, why aren't you?" Sigh.

Wife got a tune for her car, and a nice diamond necklace (which she got early.) Jr. got a new TV, driving lessons, a couple Xbox games, and a new phone. I got a new open-face helmet (for autocross) and a nice wood watch winder.

Lmfao virtue signaling 9am meetings to prove a point , yeah i didnt to want to come in to work today but its only 2 days so whatever. Feels like a monday.

diamonds not bad

open face helmet cheeks lol, they are more breathable/comfy though

wood watch winder nice

i hear new tvs are pretty cheap nowadays

Was confused on the porsche models, if i had the money to buy a porsche gt3rs i would buy it in pdk yes..its so damn fast...have seen them around a track under hard braking the downshifts come up incredibly quick

jay745

It's not that they drop value THAT bad - tho the "base" models generally don't hold up like the S does. Realize a 987.2 is also two generations old now. Keep in mind that base Cayman stickered for ~$50k when brand new.

She definitely has an odd sense of humor. Cute AF tho. She also played Tara on Silicon Valley.

lolwut

2005 Cayman? Unpossible.

A+ 100%

A+ 100%

I think I out-commute everybody here and I don't notice any real additional "pain" when I drive the man pedal car. And the man pedal car IS a kind of PITA because the clutch is a little on the grabby side.

Probably right. A stock Cayman feels pretty good but you can't get any real alignment on the car without putting GT3 control arms on it. They max out at like 1.0 degrees of camber.

LOL

"Arms Have Priority" is how they generally work because inevitably you get the idiot in the Prius or SUV who can't figure out what to do so they STOP and gum up the works.

I hear the V8s have some known issues that can be catastrophic. But I also don't pay super close attention to BMW stuff.
We have a few of those people at my office....people ready to jump right back in and picking up a conversation we had nearly 3 weeks ago like it was yesterday..."so any progress made on that yet?"

No. No progress has been made assclown, I said nothing was going to start until after the new year, and it's only an hour into the first day everyone is back in office and you're asking for a progress update? GTFO I haven't even deleted all my automated emails over the last 2 weeks that I was out of office yet.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
We have a few of those people at my office....people ready to jump right back in and picking up a conversation we had nearly 3 weeks ago like it was yesterday..."so any progress made on that yet?"

No. No progress has been made assclown, I said nothing was going to start until after the new year, and it's only an hour into the first day everyone is back in office and you're asking for a progress update? GTFO I haven't even deleted all my automated emails over the last 2 weeks that I was out of office yet.

LOL yup

"Any progress on that thing we talked about 2 weeks ago?"

Well... that discussion was at 4:30 in the afternoon on the day before the break. So, in "working days" that discussion was **yesterday afternoon** right before we all went home. So... no. No progress.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Popeyes is goood, id avoid them and white castle this week though :ROFLMAO:

KFC is on my nope list, undercooked chicken not once but twice.

Of the 4 times in recent history that I've had food poisoning - 2x was from KFC. I'll never eat KFC again.

Lmfao virtue signaling 9am meetings to prove a point , yeah i didnt to want to come in to work today but its only 2 days so whatever. Feels like a monday.

Total commute time 57 minutes today. Not bad there either.

open face helmet cheeks lol, they are more breathable/comfy though

Yeah I'm generally not a fan of open helmets but they are convenient and smaller to pack. I actually wanted a CHEAP one that just had a new date - wasn't expecting the Bell I got - which is nice, but it was way more $$ than I wanted to be spent on a helmet that's just for AX.
Was confused on the porsche models, if i had the money to buy a porsche gt3rs i would buy it in pdk yes..its so damn fast...have seen them around a track under hard braking the downshifts come up incredibly quick

They work well on the track. You literally just leave it in "D" and it does its thing. The novelty wears off quick tho... and it just becomes another automatic. A better automatic, but still an automatic.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Of the 4 times in recent history that I've had food poisoning - 2x was from KFC. I'll never eat KFC again.

Total commute time 57 minutes today. Not bad there either.

Yeah I'm generally not a fan of open helmets but they are convenient and smaller to pack. I actually wanted a CHEAP one that just had a new date - wasn't expecting the Bell I got - which is nice, but it was way more $$ than I wanted to be spent on a helmet that's just for AX.

They work well on the track. You literally just leave it in "D" and it does its thing. The novelty wears off quick tho... and it just becomes another automatic. A better automatic, but still an automatic.
*Browns chicken went downhill too. Ive heard good things about Canes, especially the sauce that comes with it. Always thought they were a bone in chicken place till looked at the very small menu.

*57 mins to downtown thats great

*The open face helmet is nice too cause you actually talk to your passenger or autocross workers etc

*D mode around a track sounds miserable lol. Manual mode on the paddles to control rpms/downshifts etc is the only way to go imo.....feels like in most cars the "sport " mode is more of an underdrive gear

Did the lady who called the 9 and 10am meetings actually go through with them ? lol

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Zero traffic for me this morning. Got to work in about 30 min

W00T almost makes it bearable

*Browns chicken went downhill too. Ive heard good things about Canes, especially the sauce that comes with it. Always thought they were a bone in chicken place till looked at the very small menu.

Haven't had Browns since the murders.

*D mode around a track sounds miserable lol. Manual mode on the paddles to control rpms/downshifts etc is the only way to go imo.....feels like in most cars the "sport " mode is more of an underdrive gear

It's actually faster (PDK in general- not "sport"). My buddy proved it around Autobahn North in his GTB1 Cayman (w/PDK) after his driver coach did it (Dan Clarke). Leaving it in D he went a solid second faster than using the paddles - which is HUGE when you're already going sub-1:10 there.

Tho "Sport" specific - PDK it shifts quicker, holds gears longer, and takes away the "soft rev limiter" (which allegedly basically pulls power as you near redline when not in Sport mode - though on my Cayman I can't tell a power difference, but it makes the pedal response obnoxious.)

Did the lady who called the 9 and 10am meetings actually go through with them ? lol

Yep. We've all been questioning her purpose here, what does she (and her entire team) even DO anymore.... so she's gotta look busy because the heat is on.

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Flicking through this thread, some of yalls commute times are exceptionally long. I start to get mildly annoyed after about the 20 minute mark. Tampa, FL here.

I went from a 25-30 minute drive to a 10 minute drive a couple years ago. It's awesome having a commute that short, also like that my mileage went from like 12k a year to 5k a year. Now I have to make it a point to go for drives on the weekend because my work commute isn't long enough to have any fun. Hell, by the time my motor is warmed up I've just about arrived at work/home.