GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK8 GTI will make 242HP according to leaked claims

Blue K04

Passed Driver's Ed
The taillights on the Mk8 look great. I love my GTI but my next car will be either AWD (Golf R or S4) or RWD (maybe M2).

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Honestly dude. I keep telling myself I won't throw power in a FWD car after owning an Srt4 but here I am with this car and K04.

It's just not worth it. I mean 242hp sounds good for a maximum where you should still get traction and have enough powa to get through traffic. Once you start making your upgrades and go over 300hp, it's almost not even worth it. All wheel spinning, you won't win an acceleration battle. You need that AWD. It's like wasted power if you can't get it to the ground.

I too would probably go AWD for my next car if it doesn't turn into an SUV. At least AWD, everything you are putting into it should be hitting the ground.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Honestly dude. I keep telling myself I won't throw power in a FWD car after owning an Srt4 but here I am with this car and K04.

It's just not worth it. I mean 242hp sounds good for a maximum where you should still get traction and have enough powa to get through traffic. Once you start making your upgrades and go over 300hp, it's almost not even worth it. All wheel spinning, you won't win an acceleration battle. You need that AWD. It's like wasted power if you can't get it to the ground.

I too would probably go AWD for my next car if it doesn't turn into an SUV. At least AWD, everything you are putting into it should be hitting the ground.

I was never more unprepared for anything in my life until I sprayed nitrous out of the hole on slicks in a RWD car. 5k clutch dump on a WOT switch... Totally different ends of the spectrum. Few hundred HP is perfect for having fun in a light street car, but not ideal if you want to run Mexico.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion

you should drive my car. 400whp is the sweet spot for these cars. shit puts a smile on my face every day.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
you should drive my car. 400whp is the sweet spot for these cars. shit puts a smile on my face every day.

I imagine you are still spinning at 60mph. Is that really a good thing? No doubt when it sticks, I bet it's a blast. No way around that, but the part of getting it to stick is the challenge.

zrickety

The Fixer
It's not hard to hook up 400hp...good tires, slightly wider, with some pedal modulation at the start. LCA bushings, dogbone mount. Once you're in 3rd gear, it's usable.
You say 242 is a nice jump, but our cars exceed that on a stage 1 tune.