GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NewGuy's DSG CSG 2011 GTI

torga

Autocross Champion
Hell yeah, you had a fun time for sure. Can't wait to get a downpipe myself.

How's the new(er) turbo feel so far?

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Hell yeah, you had a fun time for sure. Can't wait to get a downpipe myself.

How's the new(er) turbo feel so far?

Feels great.
Problem with my old one was wastegate had tons of movement causing rattle and inconsistent boost.
I thought the oil seals where bad but my charge pipes were actually still clean from the last time i looked at them.

With new one rattle is completely non existent and boost seem much more predictable.

I'm actually a bit disappointed with the downpipe.
It increased exhaust a bit but not what I would even consider a noticeable amount.
Which is altogether fine I just expected a more obvious change.
Its probably for the best though as I don't want my car to be super loud but I do want to go for that stage 2 power eventually.

I just need to buy software at this point.
But I may do a DSG tune first, and maybe get my sideskirts painted finally... decisions decisions....

torga

Autocross Champion
Did you pair the DP up with the stock exhaust?

torga

Autocross Champion
This was with stock catback with intact muffler.
So Its definitely holding it back a bit.
I'm in the same boat, except stock DP and aftermarket catback. I have a good feeling the exhaust tone will get a lot better once I get a DP in there.

MaseDogg5

Keep up the good work

I just got a 2013 CSG 4dr DSG and am doing a lot of the same mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Bought this RevoZport FRP hood yesterday
Hood.JPG

Needs some touch up but looks really good on our cars.
Removed the urano Grey wrap and currently filling pinholes and imperfections.
hood restore.JPG

I'm really thinking about if I want to do a emblem delete with this hood.

torga

Autocross Champion
That looks good! Any idea if it still has the tab holes and mounting points for the hood insulation?

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
That looks good! Any idea if it still has the tab holes and mounting points for the hood insulation?

That's a good question.
Idk. Ill have a look when I get home but I don't think so.
It wouldn't make sense with the vent cut outs and the water trays under them.

I dont see anything about it on their site: https://www.revozport.com/product/golf-razor/bonnet/

Fine with me considering my insulation fell apart and has since been removed.
Think I'm gonna have to tinker with a photo editor to see how this looks with emblem delete, I'm seriously undecided on this one.

Zinn

I have plans to purchase the same hood, but keeping the emblem. My previous GTI (2010) had the front emblem shaved by the previous owner and I wasn't a fan. It always looked like it was missing something. I like having the "VW" to break up the lines, though I do like not having the GTI emblem on the front.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
It has no holes for the tabs so that's a no.

I have plans to purchase the same hood, but keeping the emblem. My previous GTI (2010) had the front emblem shaved by the previous owner and I wasn't a fan. It always looked like it was missing something. I like having the "VW" to break up the lines, though I do like not having the GTI emblem on the front.
Yea a good portion of the emblem deletes I have seen I do not like as it does appear something is missing.
But I have also seen some really good ones like cosmo10292's which looks amazing. That's also partly because he extended the hood a bit as well tho.

I just need to sit done in photoshop for a bit and design it out.

torga

Autocross Champion
The seats look great! What kind of suspension mods?

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
The seats look great! What kind of suspension mods?
Thanks! they're in great shape actually and i got them for a bargain price. Just need to redo my armrests and door cards to match.
They dont have the electric tilt controls but I'm fine with losing that feature.

This weekend I'm throwing in some DG springs, I dont want to do this low anymore.
Ill also be throwing in a whiteline Rear sway bar and switching out the bushing and brackets on my front sway bar to eliminate the squeak.

Illl probably be gutting my rear seats out as well to take measurements for the enclosure.

End goal here is to make it as easy to clean as possible, I have two huskies that travel with me often and it is an absolute pain to clean.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Got a good amount of things done this weekend.
Upgraded rear sway bar to whiteline 24mm and wow that makes a big difference.
Changed my coils to linear DG springs and am glad, started hating the bounciness of the progressives.
Also raised it a bit which I approve because I was tired of scrapping daily.
new height.jpg

Last I installed new UU headlights, really liking the way they look but still need to raise the low beam cut off and get some better bulbs for them.

new lights.jpg

Wasnt able to switch the brackets for my FSB as the ones SPM sent seem too big,
but i think the sounds ive been hearing may be from my torn endlink boots.

Also think i need to swap my rear control arm bushings as they didnt seem too good.