GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm done with ECS

zrickety

The Fixer
I've been giving FCP Euro some of my business. I like them. The lifetime warranty seems promising.
That said, I placed another order last week that was all 'in stock' except one coolant pipe 06J121065F which 'ships in 2 business days.'
Well that was last Tuesday and the order still hasn't shipped.
Am I going to stop giving them my business? No. I ordered an engine mount shortly after that and it has already shipped.
I've also ordered R line (DG) springs from ECS (because FCP doesn't offer them) and they have already shipped.
And a fender liner from ebay because who is going to pay $71 for a piece of plastic?!

zef

Drag Racing Champion
And a fender liner from ebay because who is going to pay $71 for a piece of plastic?!

I usually go to 1stvwparts for any genuine vw parts, you can sometimes get them for less than oe.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Shameless plug for UroTuning.com
Even if we don't have the part listed, you can call/email/text in and we can more than likely still get it for you at competitive prices.
Good to know. Usually use rock auto for the one off pieces, been burned enough to not shop there again.

R7s

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to dig up an old thread, to add on though, ECS is one of the most garbage automotive parts suppliers there is period. Yup @ECS Tuning I'm definitely tagging you because you deserve to hear what a paying customer has to say about your brand/company. Let's start with a good thing, I haven't had issues with shipping shopping at ECS so good job there. & now let's veer into another direction, the bad. You guys absolutely suck at customer service, or have any appreciation towards your customers. You seem to forget that many paying customers sometimes have issues with things and well, we address them, and you seem to just leave those in need of support to hang to the side. Anyway... let's move on. You promise so much, yet deliver so little. We'll get you the best deals out there, we'll work with you! blah, blah, and more blah. Yup, I'm one of many who has proof of being promised a little leniency on pricing, when in fact I was hoping to get sponsored with ECS. Long story short, a customer service representative said that I was not quite fit for a sponsorship. Okay, fine I understand! He then proceeds to email me if I ever needed anything or support with pricing, he'd be there for me. Yeah, that didn't happen. I still get thrown to the side, even after just trying to promote ECS tuning. I'd still buy products and share my thoughts on them, because that's what all your reviews are about right? Honesty is policy... I'd say ECS tuning bullshits and promotes fakery, but again, I must be the only one who experiences this right..?

SyDiko

Ready to race!
So, I'm going to give ECS a shoutout.

Even though I've had my MK6 for a pretty long time now, this was my first time doing business with their shop in particular.

Yesterday, I received my items from them, but 1 (badgeless grille was damaged.) I immediately called their support line to see what could be done and it only took about 5 minutes for them to issue me a swap. Less than 24-hours and I have a brand new part in hand ready to install.

Great job ECS on the fast turn around. :)

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I don't really have anything good or bad to say about ECS. I've never had an issue, and the few "ECS" brand parts I've purchased have performed as advertised.

I'm not sending them all of my business though, I like to spread my money around.

Adrenaline Junkie

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone ever have them send you a part thats clearly been opened, used, and then put back in the box before it was sent to you? I bought a gfb diverter valve thats clearly been used before. The parts and packaging show signs of use (dirty). This is the first time ive ever bought from them and im not having any luck with customer service.

zrickety

The Fixer
I have received parts in plastic with just a sticker...you don't really know what's what when there's no box. But the parts have held up so far.
That said, after many orders and many years ECS let me down last week. 10 days to ship an order where everything was 'in stock.'
Has completely put my other build on hold.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I have received parts in plastic with just a sticker...you don't really know what's what when there's no box. But the parts have held up so far.
That said, after many orders and many years ECS let me down last week. 10 days to ship an order where everything was 'in stock.'
Has completely put my other build on hold.
It'S bEcAuSe CoViD

zrickety

The Fixer
COVID is a Plandemic the Democrats are using to tank a record economy and institute tyranny.
Change my mind.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
COVID is a Plandemic the Democrats are using to tank a record economy and institute tyranny.
Change my mind.
You don't know when to quit do you? Last warning to stop trolling random posts with your political nonsense. Facebook would be a great place for you to do that, not here.

zrickety

The Fixer
@uglybastard can say COVID is to blame, and I can't say anything? Ok got it.
ECS says they are 'shipping 6 days a week' but in stock items still take 10 days?
Their customer service reps told me twice last week that my order was 'shipping tomorrow.'
I can deal with the delays, but don't try to pacify me with lies @ECS Tuning

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
So many people ordering everything online since they want to stay out of stores. Can't say I blame them, but it has taken a toll on delivery times. Oh man did I just stick up for ECS Tuna?