GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

zrickety

The Fixer
I've got some serious miles on Yokohama Advan Sports...they've really impressed in all conditions, including the track.
Second only to Continental DWS but the DWS didn't last as long.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
Nice wheels. I have PS A/S 3+ on my car with a stage 1 tune. I can get wheel spin in 1st and second. I think you'll be smoking them. You might want to step up to the PS4S.

I also picked up a set of konig hypergrams 17x8 to replace my VMR v701(225/40/18 indy 500). Thinking about going with Michelin Pilot sport AS3+

Last edited:

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I did another thing. The guy I bought my Allegerritas from really wanted my Audi Titanium package wheels, so I traded him for a set of Enkei Raijin 18x8s. These will be my track/autoX wheels. I'll use the Allegerritas for my DD.

Attachments

• IMG-7304.jpg
    IMG-7304.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 102

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I received the 3mm spacers I ordered. The hubcentric rings I made are a perfect fit. I pulled the 10mm spacers off tonight and put the 3mm on. The spacing between the wheel and caliper looks perfect.
Spacers look nice, where are they from?

And nice machining work on the spacers! Wish I had access to a metal lathe and the skills to use it!

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks Tony,

I bought the spacers from Amazon. They were ~$15.

Let me tell you, once you have a lathe and a mill you'll wonder how you ever lived without them.

Chris

Spacers look nice, where are they from?

And nice machining work on the spacers! Wish I had access to a metal lathe and the skills to use it!

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Boss 500. It's a gen2 GTX2867r. shooting for 360-370whp on the stock fuel system. probably go with a 5 injector / aux fuel kit next year and go for mid 400's whp.

BTW I saw your dyno vid

hell yeah dude. stock fueling should be good for that. BT is da way... :)

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Tony,

I bought the spacers from Amazon. They were ~$15.

Let me tell you, once you have a lathe and a mill you'll wonder how you ever lived without them.

Chris
Very nice. For anyone that needs this kind of spacer setup but doesn't have access to a lathe, I got custom spacers that provided clearance for my brakes and adapted to the centerbore of my OZ wheels from Motorsport-Tech.

I will say Motorsport-Tech was an absolute pain in the ass to deal with. Took weeks and a bunch of phone calls/emails to get a hold of them and they sent 5x120 spacers instead of 5x112 the first time around. Acted like I was inconveniencing them when I called to tell them they had sent spacers with the wrong bolt pattern. A couple weeks later I finally had the correct spacers. Huge pain but the end product works well.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Very nice. For anyone that needs this kind of spacer setup but doesn't have access to a lathe, I got custom spacers that provided clearance for my brakes and adapted to the centerbore of my OZ wheels from Motorsport-Tech.

I will say Motorsport-Tech was an absolute pain in the ass to deal with. Took weeks and a bunch of phone calls/emails to get a hold of them and they sent 5x120 spacers instead of 5x112 the first time around. Acted like I was inconveniencing them when I called to tell them they had sent spacers with the wrong bolt pattern. A couple weeks later I finally had the correct spacers. Huge pain but the end product works well.
yikes

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Finished my front brakes. Resurfaced the rotors and put in Akebono pads. I also installed the TyrolSport caliper stiffening kit. I took it for a little spin around the neighborhood to get everything set in, and I'm really impressed by how good it feel right off the bat. Sucks I can't really test them until the 500 mile break-in period is up, but I can tell it does have better initial bite. Since I did it all at once I don't know how much of that is from the caliper kit and how much is from the pads, though ?

Akebono makes it clear their compounds do not benefit from an aggressive bed-in routine, and to just drive normally for 500 miles or so while trying to avoid heavy braking. That's half the fun, though! ?